TX22 review turns sour?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: TX22 review turns sour?

Member #
    Liked
    19914 times

TX22 review turns sour?

I think I could have posted this is 4 or 5 different forums! Of course move if necessary.

What starts out as a good review of the TX22 goes bad while running some CCI Stinger ammo. I'm going to post just the link to the video instead of imbedding the video. The guys language goes downhill with the review after the ammo problems start. If the mods think the link is too much and remove it the YouTube channel is title Guns&Cars.

Ok so never had that happen before. I'm trying to NOT imbed the video but I can't make that happen! No matter what I tried it would still put the actual video in my post, instead of just the link.

Kind of ruins my post! What happens is the guy has a couple bad Stinger rounds. There must have been a squib load and he didn't check the gun and then shot a hot round. Not good! Fortunately is was .22. Anyway if you are interested the YouTube channel is Guns&Cars and the guy is doing a review of the TX22. Take a look.
    Last edited by darbo; 12-13-2019 at 10:34 PM.
    taurustoter and kruizer like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3588 times
    I would not shoot any Stingers in a pistol like that. Those are hot .22's, and the case length is longer than a standard or HV.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    19914 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    I would not shoot any Stingers in a pistol like that. Those are hot .22's, and the case length is longer than a standard or HV.
    I have never used any Stingers but I knew they were a hot round. The case is longer? How does that work? Isn't the chamber only so deep? Basically I understand about the "rimfire" aspect but do they head space off the rim leaving chamber space that this longer case fits into? There's a lot I don't know about how .22 works!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    11617 times
    Yep he had a squib, he should have verified the round wasn't stuck in the barrel, instead of talking about how he had previous rounds that acted like low power. Hard to think when showing off for the camera.
    Renaldow and darbo like this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    The case of a Stinger is not longer. It is not a magnum round, which is what it would be if it had a longer case.

Member #
    Liked
    6466 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaldow View Post
    The case of a Stinger is not longer. It is not a magnum round, which is what it would be if it had a longer case.

You are mistaken. The CCI stinger case is longer than the standard 22 long rifle. To make up for the extra length of the case they use a shorter 32 grain bullet that maintains the standard length of a .22lr cartridge. The reason the Stinger case is longer is to hold more powder. The extra powder and the 32 grain bullet combine to give the round a velocity of 1640 FPS.

Don
    Last edited by BangBang; 12-14-2019 at 05:13 PM.
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    No good reason to shoot hyper velocity ammo in the TX.

It functions fine on quality standard velocity ammo, which also gives better accuracy and less stress on the gun.

Running Stingers is asking for trouble.
    darbo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    You are mistaken. The CCI stinger case is longer than the standard 22 long rifle. To make up for the extra length of the case they use a shorter 32 grain bullet that maintains the standard length of a .22lr cartridge. The reason the Stinger case is longer is to hold more powder. The extra powder and the 32 grain bullet combine to give the round a velocity of 1640 FPS.
    If Stingers had cases longer than .22lr spec, they wouldn't eject properly. The cases aren't elongated, they are in spec. Some other manufacturers have .22lr with shortened cases so as to fit larger 40-60gr bullets. So there are different sized cases, but it's due to other shortening theirs, not CCI elongating the Stinger's.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7786 times
    Saw that video a while ago - he actually had two squibs. One earlier on then that last one that he figured out. The earlier one may have made it most of the way out of the barrel and the following round pushed it out.
    What I did not appreciate was his follow-up video where he states that although it was a squib in his first video....Taurus has bad barrels
    bobbojama and darbo like this.
    "To anger Conservatives, lie to them. To anger liberal, tell them the truth."
    -Fine! I said it! You happy, Troll!
    ...Snopes provides no evidence to the contrary

Member #
    Liked
    6466 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaldow View Post
    If Stingers had cases longer than .22lr spec, they wouldn't eject properly. The cases aren't elongated, they are in spec. Some other manufacturers have .22lr with shortened cases so as to fit larger 40-60gr bullets. So there are different sized cases, but it's due to other shortening theirs, not CCI elongating the Stinger's.

OK, let me go over this again. You are still mistaken CCI stingers have a longer case then standard 22 long rifle. If you had any experience shooting the stingers you would have noticed that the case is longer than any other 22 long rifle case. Sometimes it pays to check with Google before you argue a point.

Here is a comparison picture of a standard round with 2 other long rifle standard cases. I am also including a quote that directly addresses the length of the stinger round. Finally, I am including a link were you can go and read about it yourself. If you still insist that they are not longer I would suggest you call CCI customer service and they will explain it to you.

Name:  20191216_114517.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  779.1 KB

"Using the bullet from a .22 Long—a 32-grain plated hollowpoint—and a longer case for greater powder capacity while still maintaining the same overall length as the standard .22 LR cartridge, the Stinger obtains a high muzzle velocity (1,640 fps) for a flat trajectory."

https://www.americanhunter.org/artic...g-rifle-loads/

Don
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links