TX22 Barrel Issue and Good Taurus Customer Service
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: TX22 Barrel Issue and Good Taurus Customer Service

Member #
    Liked
    106 times

Unhappy TX22 Barrel Issue and Good Taurus Customer Service

So I bought a TX22 back in July and finally got around to shooting it this past week. Put about 500 rounds of various ammo and it cycled fine, except for Aguila subsonic ammo, which would not cycle the slide at all. I had bought two spare mags from Academy Sports, but both magazines were unreliable. Those magazines caused the top round on a full 16-rounds to nosedive and catch on the upper lip, so I returned them to Academy and got two new ones. As for the barrel, I initially was shooting tight groups up to 15 yards, but after 350 rounds, I noticed the groups started to open up. Even at 7 yards, they were wider. Since this is not a punishing gun to shoot, shooter weariness could not account for the groups.

Took her home and I could see lead fouling in the barrel. I pushed a brass brush and it was really difficult to get it through. Eventually I got her cleaned, but it took a bit of work to get the lead out.

I called Taurus and explained the situation on 10/14/2019 and the CSR was very nice and she apologized for the trouble I was having and told me she'd send me a replacement barrel and two 16-round magazines for my inconvenience. The barrels are on back-order she said, but that they should be getting replacement barrels soon.

I was impressed with the customer service, in that I was connected immediately and she resolved my issue without further hassle. Since I had registered my gun with Taurus, they used my phone number to look up my info, so she had everything ready to go once she diagnosed my problem.

I'll fill you guys in on what happened once they come in.

Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    I am on the 'backorder list' for a new barrel as well, for another problem...although no one mentioned extra mags to me. Please post when you get your barrel and let us know how it runs.
    pradeep1 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6967 times
    Hope that new barrel does not take to long.
    Rick O'Shea and pradeep1 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6758 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pradeep1 View Post
    So I bought a TX22 back in July and finally got around to shooting it this past week. Put about 500 rounds of various ammo and it cycled fine, except for Aguila subsonic ammo, which would not cycle the slide at all. I had bought two spare mags from Academy Sports, but both magazines were unreliable. Those magazines caused the top round on a full 16-rounds to nosedive and catch on the upper lip, so I returned them to Academy and got two new ones. As for the barrel, I initially was shooting tight groups up to 15 yards, but after 350 rounds, I noticed the groups started to open up. Even at 7 yards, they were wider. Since this is not a punishing gun to shoot, shooter weariness could not account for the groups.

Took her home and I could see lead fouling in the barrel. I pushed a brass brush and it was really difficult to get it through. Eventually I got her cleaned, but it took a bit of work to get the lead out.

I called Taurus and explained the situation on 10/14/2019 and the CSR was very nice and she apologized for the trouble I was having and told me she'd send me a replacement barrel and two 16-round magazines for my inconvenience. The barrels are on back-order she said, but that they should be getting replacement barrels soon.

I was impressed with the customer service, in that I was connected immediately and she resolved my issue without further hassle. Since I had registered my gun with Taurus, they used my phone number to look up my info, so she had everything ready to go once she diagnosed my problem.

I'll fill you guys in on what happened once they come in.

Well, I'm glad that you feel their customer service was very good to you. Personally, I don't feel that she resolved your problem at all although she sounded sincere and convinced you that she was. All she really did was promise you something like free magazines and then put you on a list waiting for a barrel with no idea of when it is due or when you can look for it to arrive. The point is, your gun is not fixed and you don't really have any idea when it will be.

This looks to me like classic Taurus smoke and mirrors.... Have you dealt with Taurus customer service in the past? You would be really surprised if you knew how many people right on this forum are waiting for back order parts and have been waiting for months. I would have to ask the representative why barrels are back ordered when they are producing brand new guns here in the United States with no back order of guns or parts. A few of us here on this forum have toured the Taurus plant and know that Taurus has their own barrel making machinery and can make Taurus barrels as often as they get the desire. Why don't they simply take a barrel off the shelf and send it out to the people that are waiting to use a gun they've already bought and paid for instead of putting them in guns going to sit in inventory on a shelf somewhere. You would almost have to believe that they are more interested in selling more guns and bringing the cash home then worrying about a customer Who has already paid for his gun.

On the other hand, what do I know? I'm probably completely wrong. I mean it's not like we have seen the same thing happen over, and over, and over again.

Don
    Last edited by BangBang; 10-22-2019 at 11:12 AM.
    pradeep1, jljones and fsimpson like this.
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Member #
    Liked
    388 times
    Sounds like a more frequent cleaning schedule is required if shooting a diet of non-plated lead loads.
    pradeep1 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    Why don't they simply take a barrel off the shelf and send it out to the people that are waiting to use a gun they've already bought and paid for instead of putting them in guns going to sit in inventory on a shelf somewhere.

Excellent point.
    fsimpson likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Just brought up that point to the Taurus Rep I had on 'CHAT' and she just kept at it: 'They're on backorder, you'll get one when they come in'....when I pressed her about whether or not the TX22 was still being made (in order to see if barrels were available) she only said 'They're not out of production' and wouldn't directly answer my question...

Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Well, I'm glad that you feel their customer service was very good to you. Personally, I don't feel that she resolved your problem at all although she sounded sincere and convinced you that she was. All she really did was promise you something like free magazines and then put you on a list waiting for a barrel with no idea of when it is due or when you can look for it to arrive. The point is, your gun is not fixed and you don't really have any idea when it will be.

This looks to me like classic Taurus smoke and mirrors.... Have you dealt with Taurus customer service in the past? You would be really surprised if you knew how many people right on this forum are waiting for back order parts and have been waiting for months. I would have to ask the representative why barrels are back ordered when they are producing brand new guns here in the United States with no back order of guns or parts. A few of us here on this forum have toured the Taurus plant and know that Taurus has their own barrel making machinery and can make Taurus barrels as often as they get the desire. Why don't they simply take a barrel off the shelf and send it out to the people that are waiting to use a gun they've already bought and paid for instead of putting them in guns going to sit in inventory on a shelf somewhere. You would almost have to believe that they are more interested in selling more guns and bringing the cash home then worrying about a customer Who has already paid for his gun.

On the other hand, what do I know? I'm probably completely wrong. I mean it's not like we have seen the same thing happen over, and over, and over again.

Don

I understand what you are saying. I've dealt with Taurus customer service with my TCP 738 and they fixed it and got it back to me in the time-frame promised and it works fine.

Once I did call them about my PT709 recoil assembly and they mailed me a new one for free and I had it within a week's time.

From my conversation with the CSR about my TX22 barrel, I didn't think that I'd be waiting for months. I asked her when they expect to get more barrels in and she said "soon".

Soon to me means within a month's time. Now if I don't get my replacement barrel in that time frame, I'll be raising hell with them.

As for shooting the gun, I've taken it out and shot only copper clad ammo and it performs fine without the leading problem.

It seems to only have a problem with plain lead round nose ammo, especially Remington Thunderbolts.

Member #
    Liked
    3842 times
    Years ago, I had a Walther P-22 that had serious issues with lead fouling the barrel. It was one crappy barrel, and it took Walther about 13 weeks to get the thing back to me. I traded it off and said "goodbye" to that one.

If Turi is having issues with these barrels, you would think they would get down to the shop floor, and straighten out the guy on the gun drill.
    pradeep1 likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    Years ago, I had a Walther P-22 that had serious issues with lead fouling the barrel. It was one crappy barrel, and it took Walther about 13 weeks to get the thing back to me. I traded it off and said "goodbye" to that one.

If Turi is having issues with these barrels, you would think they would get down to the shop floor, and straighten out the guy on the gun drill.
    I was told by a reputable source that Taurus does not produce TX barrels in-house.
    pradeep1 and taurustoter like this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links