Taurus Firearm Forum banner

TX22 Barrel Issue and Good Taurus Customer Service

23K views 60 replies 26 participants last post by  SimonRL 
#1 ·
So I bought a TX22 back in July and finally got around to shooting it this past week. Put about 500 rounds of various ammo and it cycled fine, except for Aguila subsonic ammo, which would not cycle the slide at all. I had bought two spare mags from Academy Sports, but both magazines were unreliable. Those magazines caused the top round on a full 16-rounds to nosedive and catch on the upper lip, so I returned them to Academy and got two new ones. As for the barrel, I initially was shooting tight groups up to 15 yards, but after 350 rounds, I noticed the groups started to open up. Even at 7 yards, they were wider. Since this is not a punishing gun to shoot, shooter weariness could not account for the groups.

Took her home and I could see lead fouling in the barrel. I pushed a brass brush and it was really difficult to get it through. Eventually I got her cleaned, but it took a bit of work to get the lead out.

I called Taurus and explained the situation on 10/14/2019 and the CSR was very nice and she apologized for the trouble I was having and told me she'd send me a replacement barrel and two 16-round magazines for my inconvenience. The barrels are on back-order she said, but that they should be getting replacement barrels soon.

I was impressed with the customer service, in that I was connected immediately and she resolved my issue without further hassle. Since I had registered my gun with Taurus, they used my phone number to look up my info, so she had everything ready to go once she diagnosed my problem.

I'll fill you guys in on what happened once they come in.

See less See more
#58 ·
I just bought a new TX22 and 90% of my bullets impact sideways.. Taurus said they gonna ship me a new barrel.. when they have them in stock..SO no ETA at all. Does any company make after market match barrels for the TX22 yet? I would love to get one, since I love the TX22 platform.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.