TX22 Barrel Issue and Good Taurus Customer Service - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: TX22 Barrel Issue and Good Taurus Customer Service

Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    Lol. Maybe you did some "hand lapping" with all that shooting?

"Hand lapping". I thought that referred to something else.

Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
    sorry, can't say...

Lets just say he knows, for sure.

You need to name names, son. Name names!

Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pradeep1 View Post
    You need to name names, son. Name names!
    I could tell you, but then I'd need to...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    Well, I'm glad that you feel their customer service was very good to you. Personally, I don't feel that she resolved your problem at all although she sounded sincere and convinced you that she was. All she really did was promise you something like free magazines and then put you on a list waiting for a barrel with no idea of when it is due or when you can look for it to arrive. The point is, your gun is not fixed and you don't really have any idea when it will be.

This looks to me like classic Taurus smoke and mirrors.... Have you dealt with Taurus customer service in the past? You would be really surprised if you knew how many people right on this forum are waiting for back order parts and have been waiting for months. I would have to ask the representative why barrels are back ordered when they are producing brand new guns here in the United States with no back order of guns or parts. A few of us here on this forum have toured the Taurus plant and know that Taurus has their own barrel making machinery and can make Taurus barrels as often as they get the desire. Why don't they simply take a barrel off the shelf and send it out to the people that are waiting to use a gun they've already bought and paid for instead of putting them in guns going to sit in inventory on a shelf somewhere. You would almost have to believe that they are more interested in selling more guns and bringing the cash home then worrying about a customer Who has already paid for his gun.

On the other hand, what do I know? I'm probably completely wrong. I mean it's not like we have seen the same thing happen over, and over, and over again.

Don

But alas, Don, you were correct. So Taurus had told me back in October that I'd get this barrel soon. I wrote them back in mid November asking for an update and they had nothing for me. Same person who was helping me just basically closed out the ticket. Now it is 3 months after first contact with Taurus and still no new barrel. Looks like you were right about Taurus's poor customer service. This is a first for me - the other times have all been positive.
    Last edited by william; 01-14-2020 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Edited to meet guidelines

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3660 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
    I was told by a reputable source that Taurus does not produce TX barrels in-house.
    I guess if they don't produce the TX22 barrels in-house, with all the problems people are complaining about, they must be being made in an out-house. Hopefully when they come out with the polished metal version (chrome/stainless/alloy whatever it is) they will have these problems fixed.

Member #
    Liked
    28092 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    I guess if they don't produce the TX22 barrels in-house, with all the problems people are complaining about, they must be being made in an out-house. Hopefully when they come out with the polished metal version (chrome/stainless/alloy whatever it is) they will have these problems fixed.

and the Low Bidder for the barrels is---LOL
    Rick O'Shea likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Taurus finally sent me a FedEx tracking number, new barrel is on the way, will be here Monday. I'll let you know if it's good or not.

Good barrel = keep.....another bad barrel = sell the TX22 and get a good 22LR plinker.
    pradeep1 likes this.

rws
    Member #
    Liked
    175 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick O'Shea View Post
    Taurus finally sent me a FedEx tracking number, new barrel is on the way, will be here Monday. I'll let you know if it's good or not.

Good barrel = keep.....another bad barrel = sell the TX22 and get a good 22LR plinker.
    did they send the tracking number on their own or did you have to hound them to get it

I've been waiting for month's...contacted them Jan 3 to see what was up and was told the barrel had been prepared for shipment and I'd have it soon...2 weeks later barrel or nary a tracking number has come yet

Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rws View Post
    did they send the tracking number on their own or did you have to hound them to get it

I've been waiting for month's...contacted them Jan 3 to see what was up and was told the barrel had been prepared for shipment and I'd have it soon...2 weeks later barrel or nary a tracking number has come yet
    I had to catch them on 'Chat' on their website and get it from them. The magazines are STILL on backorder, however.
    pradeep1 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Just a quick follow-up. I had contacted Taurus again last week on 01/14/20 and just today, out of the blue, FedEx showed up and dropped off a new barrel.

I'll put it through its paces when I get time this month and let you guys know.

It took a little over 3 months from first contact to getting the replacement.

No word on the 2 free magazines I was promised for my inconvenience.
    Rick O'Shea, darbo and olfarhors like this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links