TX 22 1,000 rounds later
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: TX 22 1,000 rounds later

Member #
    Liked
    41800 times

TX 22 1,000 rounds later

Zero issues other than ammo. Doesn’t like sub sonic while suppressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I am just curious, have you noticed any wear on the inside front of your slide caused by the recoil spring? I, and several more people have seen various levels of wear and I am just curious whether you, after 1000 rounds see any. I've attached a photo of mine after 350 rounds.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    41800 times
    One spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Molon Labe
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2987 times
    I took a picture of mine today, after over 5,000 rounds it looks worse than either of yours. I'm thinking of adding either a Delrin, or moderately hard Nylon washer there. I'm going to send a picture to Taurus on it and their crappy moon clip quality.

I'll post a picture after I retrieve my camera from the truck.

Maloy
    olfarhors and garyh like this.

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    [QUOTE=maloy;5484521]I took a picture of mine today, after over 5,000 rounds it looks worse than either of yours. I'm thinking of adding either a Delrin, or moderately hard Nylon washer there. I'm going to send a picture to Taurus on it and their crappy moon clip quality.

Sorry to hear this, after my slide literally cracked because of it, Taurus replaced the slide but did not solve the problem. I got rid of the gun and got rid of Taurus as a viable product to purchase.

Last edited by TRIPLEBIKE; 09-22-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    41800 times

TX 22 1,000 rounds later

[QUOTE=loudviking;5484579]
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIPLEBIKE View Post

Was waiting for you to show up, are you ever going to add anything to the forum other than
    the same tired complaints about Taurus..................
    Inquiring minds want to know!
    .... popcorn?...
    Last edited by Texheim; 09-22-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Molon Labe

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    No problem. I'll post no more here. Have a nice day.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7481 times
    Thank you, enjoy bashing elsewhere..........................
    Qwiks draw, Rick O'Shea and Dan51 like this.
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

wbw
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Glad you're liking yours.

The barrel quality seems to be hit or miss. Some folks have had bad barrels, more than once. My first TX22 has mild chattering but it doesn't seem to affect my accuracy or lead fouling in the barrel. I've got 700 rounds through it with zero malfunctions of any sort. I've since bought another in FDE that I've put 200 rounds through with no failures either. It has no chattering at all that I can see. I got this second one for $251 before the $50 rebate. Not bad.

I feel bad for the folks who are experiencing bad barrels. I guess I just got lucky with mine. I'll continue to enjoy them until something goes wrong. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

I'll keep an eye out for the wear on the inside front of the slide.
    Dan51 likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46621 times
    I shot a TX22 when I was in Rapid City. Nice shooter and easy to empty the mag rapid fire and stay on target. If I was in the market I would grab one.
    Qwiks draw likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links