PT99 / PT92 Day/Night Sights for EDC / Combat - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: PT99 / PT92 Day/Night Sights for EDC / Combat

Member #
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    Nice job! As fine a pistol as the 92 is, the fixed front sight leaves few options available. At various times I've played with the idea of having a machine shop (I have rudimentary tools and skills) either mill out a slot or drill a hole down the center for a fiber optic or tritium tube. Short of that, a reflex optic might be an answer for me.
    Drilling a hole down the center of the front sight is not that hard on a good drill press or mill. Should be a minimal charge and just taking in your slide is NON-FFL project. I just found the tritium vials a little expensive to buy on their own and not everyone carries them.
    Czechbikr likes this.
    My 2 cents.
    Most guns out shoot most people.
    Taurus PT 92 series.

Member #
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldcomputerguy View Post
    Good stuff! Yes we are talking defensive pistol so far. Another tip; always focus on the FRONT sight. The bullet goes where the FRONT sight points. Of course you have to be aware of the rear sight. Unload your firearm. Check it again. Then practice, practice, practice bringing up the sight picture and focusing on the FRONT sight.
    As a novice revolver shooter years ago I always brought the revolver down into the sight picture, even on the first shot. Trouble was I transitioned that into semi-auto pistol. That first shot is very important. Bring the gun up and shoot when the FRONT sight is ready to go, in defensive pistol.

Hunting revolvers are another story. We may talk about those in this thread but I have to find some pictures first.
    Mr Keith
    and some revolver shooters on here may want to contribute their knowledge. Just trying to make this a good thread to talk about sights and sight pictures. Thanks for your input
    Mr Olfarhors.
    Something went wrong with my formatting on this one. Oh well.
    One other thing about front sights IMO, an angle cut front sight, 45 degrees, picks up more light than a straight cut front sight. /angle vs |straight.
    My 2 cents.
    Most guns out shoot most people.
    Taurus PT 92 series.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links