New PT92 models - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: New PT92 models

Member #
    Liked
    1173 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    This makes me suspect that they may come back with the compact model.
    I have 3 of them now. Will be making room in the safe just in case.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by SCHIZOID; 08-17-2019 at 10:47 PM.
    kmw1954 and loudviking like this.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS

60 AND COUNTING

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I'd like to see the Compact come back, too. Especially for mags and slim grip panels.
    Powder smoke: The smell of FREEDOM

Member #
    Liked
    6342 times
    I would like to see that in the compact model.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredward View Post
    Almost identical to my first 92, the "free" one Taurus gave me when the revolver died. Except for the rail.
    I am in the process of buying my very first ever 9mm.** It is going to be a PT 92, or some variation. I'm thinking the 92 AFS if one is available. Those will stand up to a lot of use, won't they? I'm open to suggestions. I like the one in the picture but I don't like those rails.

** I took my Colt Pocketlite to the pawnshop yesterday to see if they were interested in it. They are. The Pocketlite is a very nice gun but I prefer to carry a J frame revolver. The Colt has become a safe queen so she's getting the boot.

(Here's all the variations, which I've cut and pasted from Wikipedia.)
    9mm Parabellum[edit]

• PT92, blued finish, hardwood or black plastic grips, three-dot fixed sights; 10-, 15- or 17-round factory magazines available.
    • PT92AF, lightweight alloy frame, five-inch barrel, hardwood or black plastic grips, Three-dot fixed sights. Ten-, 15- or 17-round factory magazines available. (A= ambidextrous safety lever; F= firing pin lock.)
    • PT92AFS, lightweight alloy frame, polished stainless steel slide, decocker, frame-mounted accessory rail, five-inch barrel, hardwood grips, three-dot fixed sights. 17-round magazine. (A = ambidextrous safety lever; F = firing pin lock; S = Stainless Version.)
    • PT92SS, stainless steel finish, checkered black rubber grip panels, three-dot fixed sights. Ten-, 15- and 17-round factory magazines available.
    • PT92C, Compact model with 4-inch barrel, hardwood or black plastic grips, three-dot fixed sights. Twelve-round factory magazines available.
    • PT99, blued or satin nickel finish, hardwood or black plastic grips, adjustable rear sight. All PT99 variants are compatible with PT92 magazines.
    • PT99AF, blued or satin nickel finish, hardwood or black plastic grips, lightweight alloy frame, 4.75-inch barrel, adjustable rear sight.
    • PT917C, Compact version with 4-inch barrel, blued finish, alloy frame, three-dot fixed sights. Seventeen- and 19-round factory magazines available. The 19-round magazine extends one inch below the grip.
    • PT917CS, Compact version with 4-inch barrel, stainless steel finish, alloy frame, three-dot fixed sights. Seventeen- and 19-round factory magazines available. The 19-round magazine extends one inch below the grip. It ships with both a 17- and 19-round factory magazine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links