Holster for TH9 full size
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Holster for TH9 full size

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Holster for TH9 full size

Hey guys I’m new to the forums and to Taurus. I’ve been searching the web high and low and can’t seem to find a holster that’s for the th9. I’ve heard that the pt809 is basically the same gun. So will any of those work? I really wanted a Serpa locking holster but they don’t make it for the 809. What would be my other options for an owb holster?

Member #
    Liked
    19563 times
    Howdy!

Sorry I can't really give you any solid info. I do agree with the idea that holsters for the PT809 might be the same fit. Hopefully some folks with first hand experience will be along soon to answer your questions. Good luck.

Member #
    Liked
    5361 times
    I use serpa for my 809... it was made for the 24/7.
    https://blackhawk.com/products/holst...r-matte-finish
    It works well for me and it will hold my PT111 securely.
    darbo likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31202 times
    I carry a lot in an Allen slide holster. I already had a Fobus paddle holster I bought for my PT145 and, turns out, screw down on the adjuster a little bit, an it fits the TH9 perfectly.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/all...ldCatid=648856
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Yes, can confirm the TH series will fit in an 809 holster perfectly. Also, do NOT get a Serpa:

Member #
    Liked
    5361 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro View Post
    Yes, can confirm the TH series will fit in an 809 holster perfectly. Also, do NOT get a Serpa:

I have had the Serpa since 2013, used it numerous times at the range and in competition without issue. I've seen these videos before and it is people blaming objects for their momentary lack of finger discipline.
    Of you are putting your finger in the trigger guard and pulling hard enough to fire its not the holsters fault.
    Pressure required to disengage the lock is minimal and on the draw my finger consistently ends up on the frame where it belongs.
    Think of the motion required to squeeze the trigger.... the holster didn't cause it, failure to observe one of the four rules of firearm safety did.
    william and jwc007 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    I think someone needs to start a whats the best holster poll myself!!!------
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    GhostHorse and CaptainMorgan like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    31793 times
    This is why it's good to put your location in your profile.

If the OP is close to New Mexico, I'd offer to make him one.
    darbo likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    1577 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lcrump29 View Post
    Hey guys I’m new to the forums and to Taurus. I’ve been searching the web high and low and can’t seem to find a holster that’s for the th9. I’ve heard that the pt809 is basically the same gun. So will any of those work? I really wanted a Serpa locking holster but they don’t make it for the 809. What would be my other options for an owb holster?
    The Holster for the PT-809 is an exact fit for the TH-9.
    CaptainMorgan likes this.
    Taurus G2C 9mm
    Springfield XD Mod.2 Sub-compact 45ACP
    Really Old S&W .38Spl.
    S&W M&P Bodyguard 380
    NRA Member./GWCL holder.

"No one, anywhere, ever got something for nothing without someone, somewhere, getting nothing for something.

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan View Post
    I have had the Serpa since 2013, used it numerous times at the range and in competition without issue. I've seen these videos before and it is people blaming objects for their momentary lack of finger discipline.
    Of you are putting your finger in the trigger guard and pulling hard enough to fire its not the holsters fault.
    Pressure required to disengage the lock is minimal and on the draw my finger consistently ends up on the frame where it belongs.
    Think of the motion required to squeeze the trigger.... the holster didn't cause it, failure to observe one of the four rules of firearm safety did.

Sounds like in your case the holster is fine for your firearm, but with many guns this holster does induce this condition where, under stress, the pressure needed to release the gun causes the finger to drop into the trigger guard. I don't know if you actually watched the video but there is footage in there from a professional shooter who almost discharged their gun on the draw with this thing, saying "it's just some idiots who don't know trigger discipline" is not supported by the evidence. It's clearly explained in the video that while the finger pressure needed to release the gun in administrative handling is very minimal, it's when the pressure is on and you're trying for a fast draw that this occurs, the gun being pulled on greatly increases the amount of finger pressure needed to release the mechanism. Can this be trained out to be safe, sure, anything can be trained enough to be safe but why waste your time trying to overcome a flaw that shouldn't be there in the first place. All that doesn't even cover the fact that the thing can be pulled off your belt in one tug cause the plastic is so cheap, the point of a retention holster is so no one can walk up and take your gun off your person, if you yank on it and the belt attachment breaks then it's worthless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links