PT 92 C specs vs PT 92 specs - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: PT 92 C specs vs PT 92 specs

Member #
    Liked
    232 times
    It went for $310. It was blue. A previous owner had engraved or scratched their name in large letters on the underside of it which always drops the value. I made a bid a couple of days before and checked it 18 minutes before close and I was the only bidder. Someone bid in the last few minutes, and I happened to be driving across town at the time. My bad. lol. IMO, that's about right for the condition of the piece. I will find another one.
    kmw1954 likes this.
    My 2 cents.
    Most guns out shoot most people.
    Taurus PT 92 series.

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    I have both. Stainless 92, which is 2 years new and a blued 92C. Both are excellent. The 92C is very difficult to find magazines for....at least the OEM style 12 round mags. I lucked out and found a few for a reasonable price some years back. I believe I bought mine in 2015 for $299 with two magazines and a case. It looked like it was never fired. It's a keeper.

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldcomputerguy View Post
    It went for $310. It was blue. A previous owner had engraved or scratched their name in large letters on the underside of it which always drops the value. I made a bid a couple of days before and checked it 18 minutes before close and I was the only bidder. Someone bid in the last few minutes, and I happened to be driving across town at the time. My bad. lol. IMO, that's about right for the condition of the piece. I will find another one.
    That was a good price. I snagged mine a few weeks ago in a LGS for $300 OTD with a little haggling. I do a lot of business at this shop so they're always open to haggling.
    Tom Vietnam Vet - Jun 66 - Dec 67

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    One thing I've found with my 92C is it doesn't like cast bullets at all, spraying them all over the target. Poly coated shoot great. It totally LOVES The Everglades Ammo 124 grain JHP over 6.1 grains HS-6 powder.
    Last edited by GaCop103; 07-09-2019 at 04:52 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    232 times
    I have a question about the grips on PT 92 Compact. Do any of you guys have aftermarket grips on your 92C, and if so where did you find them?
    I read where the Beretta 92C grips are not the same but would like to hear from you 92C owners.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by grumpyoldcomputerguy; 07-20-2019 at 09:09 AM. Reason: correction
    My 2 cents.
    Taurus PT 92 series.

Member #
    Liked
    232 times
    Grips PT 92C, PT 58.
    Well, I've been looking on Ebay and some Taurus grip web sites and they are advertising PT 58 and PT92C grips as the same grip. Exceptions are decocker vs safety, as usual. So, that helps some and I'm hoping one of you guys can confirm. Thanks again.
    My 2 cents.
    Taurus PT 92 series.

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Grips PT 92C, PT 58.
    Well, I've been looking on Ebay and some Taurus grip web sites and they are advertising PT 58 and PT92C grips as the same grip. Exceptions are decocker vs safety, as usual. So, that helps some and I'm hoping one of you guys can confirm. Thanks again.
    I ordered grips directly from Taurus' web site. It said they fit the 58 and 92C. Long story short, they didn't fit my 92C and were sent back. Their grips are made for a safety slide/frame, not a decocker.

Member #
    Liked
    232 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GaCop103 View Post
    I ordered grips directly from Taurus' web site. It said they fit the 58 and 92C. Long story short, they didn't fit my 92C and were sent back. Their grips are made for a safety slide/frame, not a decocker.
    Interesting. Were the holes and shape of the grip correct? Stating the obvious, the grips were not routed out for the travel of the decocking mechanism.
    My 2 cents.
    Taurus PT 92 series.

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Interesting. Were the holes and shape of the grip correct? Stating the obvious, the grips were not routed out for the travel of the decocking mechanism.
    Screw holes were way off. grip not relieved for decocking lever.

Member #
    Liked
    232 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GaCop103 View Post
    Screw holes were way off. grip not relieved for decocking lever.
    Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
    My 2 cents.
    Taurus PT 92 series.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links