TX 22 and barrel issues - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: TX 22 and barrel issues

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    I'm guessing repair goes like this.........

Tech disassembles pistol. 5 seconds
    Tech looks down barrel, shakes head at rediculous rifling job and throws it in trash can. 5 seconds
    Tech installs new barrel and reassembles pistol. 10 seconds
    Total time for repair. 20 seconds

Time to complete paperwork. 30 minutes ��

Pistol goes to shipping dept to get boxed and shipped out. 4 weeks. ;-)
    Last edited by copterdrvr; 04-25-2019 at 05:32 AM.
    jkv45 likes this.
    Skids are for Kids!

rws
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rws View Post
    Update as of 4/24/2019: Taurus Check Repair Status now shows Repairs Completed.
    Update: Taurus Check Repair Status shows Firearm Shipped.
    wbw and taurustoter like this.

wbw
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Very interested to find out what they did for you. New and improved barrel I hope.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    As I said earlier, my barrel looks NOTHING like RWS's barrel as it's actually pretty smooth-just has three of the lands "higher" than the rest of them.

It still shoots pretty good, especially with CCI Tactical 40 grain, copper plated bullets. It does appear that they do not lead as much as the other ammo I was shooting and the accuracy is not bad at all.

Shot this group yesterday from 15 yards off a bench. I'm left handed and can you guess which shot was the last one? I put 4 shots into .690 inch and pulled the LAST shot which put it at .913 inch-not bad for a "non-target" pistol....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    wbw and GhostHorse like this.
    Skids are for Kids!

rws
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Shipped it to Taurus 4/15/2019
    Got the TX back today 4/26/2019

They had it 5 business days...Good Friday wasn't counted. Not bad service time wise.

They replaced the barrel. The new barrel has worse chattering but at least the chamber is concentric with the bore on this one. They also did not return the magazine I was requested to send in with the gun.

Won't have time to shoot it till after the weekend.

Last edited by rws; 04-26-2019 at 08:23 PM.

wbw
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    So it sounds like some good news and some bad news. I'm glad they sent you a new barrel instead of saying that there is nothing wrong with the old one (that was a possibility in my mind). And that fixed your concentric problem. It's disappointing that the new barrel still has 'chatter' and they kept your magazine. But at least they did it in a timely manner. Hopefully it shoots well for you.

Are you still thinking of unloading it because of the chatter?

rws
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wbw View Post
    So it sounds like some good news and some bad news. I'm glad they sent you a new barrel instead of saying that there is nothing wrong with the old one (that was a possibility in my mind). And that fixed your concentric problem. It's disappointing that the new barrel still has 'chatter' and they kept your magazine. But at least they did it in a timely manner. Hopefully it shoots well for you.

Are you still thinking of unloading it because of the chatter?
    I finally had a chance to get out to my range and test fire the new barrel. It shoots a tighter group than the previous barrel. Being the new barrel has lots of chattering I'll be watching for leading.

re: missing magazine when they shipped gun back to me. I contacted them about it and was told they would put in a request through channels and told me it would be 72 business hours before an answer would be known. Come on...

As I previously posted Taurus CS had sent me a new rear sight because the original one did not have "clicks" when adjusting elevation and would not hold a setting during firing. The replacement sight also does not have elevation adjustment "clicks" and will not hold adjustment.

Between the bad barrels and sights I'm am souring on this gun.

wbw
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    I finally had a chance to get out to my range and test fire the new barrel. It shoots a tighter group than the previous barrel. Being the new barrel has lots of chattering I'll be watching for leading.

re: missing magazine when they shipped gun back to me. I contacted them about it and was told they would put in a request through channels and told me it would be 72 business hours before an answer would be known. Come on...

As I previously posted Taurus CS had sent me a new rear sight because the original one did not have "clicks" when adjusting elevation and would not hold a setting during firing. The replacement sight also does not have elevation adjustment "clicks" and will not hold adjustment.

Between the bad barrels and sights I'm am souring on this gun.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't tried to adjust my sights yet. I may have the same issues.

One of the fellows on either this forum or the rimfirecentral forum was given a new barrel without chattering. I would send mine in if I knew that I would get a better one in return. Right now though, that is not a certainty.

Good luck with whatever you do.

rws
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wbw View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. I haven't tried to adjust my sights yet. I may have the same issues.

One of the fellows on either this forum or the rimfirecentral forum was given a new barrel without chattering. I would send mine in if I knew that I would get a better one in return. Right now though, that is not a certainty.

Good luck with whatever you do.
    a post today on Glock Talk in the Rimfire section mentions the same rear sight problem

rws
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    The new barrel Taurus installed on my gun is not doing well after all. I did some additional shooting this afternoon and after approximately 200 rounds I did a visual of the bore and it didn't look good. When I got home I set the barrel up in a vise and took some pictures. Then scrubbed the lead out of the barrel.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links