TX 22 and barrel issues - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: TX 22 and barrel issues

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Did they make you send in the whole pistol? If they did that's BULL because there's no way you could convince me that there's any "fitting" done whatsoever with the way this barrel is installed-when I install the barrel on the frame without the slide it's a pretty loose fit. They should've just sent you a barrel...
    Skids are for Kids!

wbw
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    It will be interesting to see what Taurus does with this. If they required the whole gun to be sent in, maybe they'll test how accurate it is, and determine that it's accurate enough. Or not. We'll keep an eye out for updates.
    stupimlico likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    deleted-duplicate post.
    Last edited by copterdrvr; 04-15-2019 at 09:48 AM.
    Skids are for Kids!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2678 times
    Quote Originally Posted by copterdrvr View Post
    Did they make you send in the whole pistol? If they did that's BULL because there's no way you could convince me that there's any "fitting" done whatsoever with the way this barrel is installed-when I install the barrel on the frame without the slide it's a pretty loose fit. They should've just sent you a barrel...
    Given Taurus's actions in the past, then asking for the whole gun is in no way surprising.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    olfarhors and rws like this.
    PT111 G2
    PT92 AFS

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    I wonder what the accuracy potential of this pistol would be if it had just an "industry standard" quality barrel...

I'd love to know if Taurus actually made the barrel or if they outsourced it. If they did, was it made here or Brazil.

I'll say this-I own a Taurus 1911 9mm and a PT111G2, both owned for a couple years and the barrels in these pistols don't look anything like the TX 22 barrels. My Tx22 shoots pretty darn good "considering" but after a fair amount of shooting, the three high lands in my barrel have snagged enough lead to mess things up and I get there before I'm ready to quit shooting for the day. That being said, I am NOT going to send the entire pistol back to Taurus for them to take the 10 seconds it needs to swap out a barrel that the OWNER is expected to remove HIMSELF to clean the pistol. And I guarantee that these barrels are NOT fitted to the slides/frames. Install the barrel on the frame without the slide---there is a BUNCH of slop.

I bet this pistol would be an absolute tackdriver with a decent barrel.
    Skids are for Kids!

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    I checked mine last night (serial in the 600s) and it has chatter, leading, and bad rifling.

Gonna make the call today...

Member #
    Liked
    26102 times
    hate to break it to you folks but this isn't anything new.
    lots of reports on various models , I think taurus runs tools until they break or just will not cut, file, etc.
    I had to return a 24/7 OSS, (supposedly their flagship semi auto at the time), a TCP and a 1911 for the same basic problems.
    again we get back to quality control and inspection before it leaves the premises.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by copterdrvr View Post
    I wonder what the accuracy potential of this pistol would be if it had just an "industry standard" quality barrel...

I'd love to know if Taurus actually made the barrel or if they outsourced it. If they did, was it made here or Brazil.

I'll say this-I own a Taurus 1911 9mm and a PT111G2, both owned for a couple years and the barrels in these pistols don't look anything like the TX 22 barrels. My Tx22 shoots pretty darn good "considering" but after a fair amount of shooting, the three high lands in my barrel have snagged enough lead to mess things up and I get there before I'm ready to quit shooting for the day. That being said, I am NOT going to send the entire pistol back to Taurus for them to take the 10 seconds it needs to swap out a barrel that the OWNER is expected to remove HIMSELF to clean the pistol. And I guarantee that these barrels are NOT fitted to the slides/frames. Install the barrel on the frame without the slide---there is a BUNCH of slop.

I bet this pistol would be an absolute tackdriver with a decent barrel.
    I tried that, installed the barrel without the slide & yep, there's some wiggle on mine too. That has to affect accuracy. Wondering if someone might come out with a higher quality barrel & tighter fit, I'd be interested.
    (2) Ruger .38 LCR
    Taurus 66 with Hogue grips (my avatar)
    Taurus TX22
    SIG P290RS
    SIG P250 45 acp
    SIG P250 SC 9mm
    Beretta Pico .380
    Ruger 22/45 .22

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    I seem to remember reading something to the effect that the slide, frame, barrel setup is "new" design concept that leads to increased accuracy as well as reliability. I believe the big deal in the design was ease of manufacture that still leads to good accuracy potential. Potential kinda wasted when they used barrels that looked like they were manufactured in a junior high shop class.

I will say this, when the slide goes into battery on my pistol, the barrel is SOLID in the slide and there is no movement of the barrel at either the chamber or muzzle end.
    Skids are for Kids!

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Just spoke to Taurus about the TX barrel issue. The CS lady was very nice, and the shipping both ways is covered.

A few interesting things I learned -

Free shipping is covered only for the 1st 90 days, after that it's $50 - even though there is now a lifetime warranty on the actual service.

She said this was the first TX that she has written a repair ticket for.

They want the entire firearm and all magazines returned. Also said to include a spent case.

They wanted my DL number and wanted the firearm shipped to the address on it. I made other arrangements.

She said up to 12 weeks.

I'll send it in next week, and we'll see what happens.

My luck isn't that good. This is my 3rd new gun that has had to go back to the factory for repairs in the last 6 mo or so. The others were a S&W and a Ruger - so it's not just Taurus.
    Last edited by jkv45; 04-18-2019 at 08:51 AM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links