Th9 & th9c
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Th9 & th9c

Member #
    Liked
    3566 times

Th9 & th9c

Had a PT809 and 809c. I liked them. Except I could not find additional magazines for the compact. Full size mags I had enough of. Mostly because of the lack of compact mags for the 809c, I traded them for a Ruger American Pistol and a Ruger American Compact pistol.

I like the American pistols, probably a bit more than the Taurus 809’s, but I was generally happy with the Tauri. Here is the problem. The magazines for the American Compact. I have enoufg of them, but I have to keep replacing the springs in the magazines. After a while, the compact mags will not hold the slide open on the last round. Replace the spring and the problem is fixed. For a little bit. This is not a problem with the full size magazines. The pistols themselves work fine.

Because of the aggrivation, I have decided to sell the Rugers on consignment for store credit. Here is my dilemma. Do I buy the TH9 and TH9C, or do I buy the Beretta PX4 Storm and PX4 Storm Sub Compact. The Taurus I would likely be able to buy with the proceeds and have money left over, the Berettas I know will require an additional outlay of cash. Beretta parts and magazines seem to be abundantly available, while the Taurus parts are not, trip to Miami if parts needed, and the magazines seem to be unobtanium.

I’m thinking if I buy the TH9 pistols I am getting into the same situation that caused me to buy the Rugers in the first place.
    Ostendo Non Ostendo

A citizen may not be required to offer a ‘good and substantial reason’ why he should be permitted to exercise his rights.
    The right’s existence is all the reason he needs.” —Federal Judge Benson Everett Legg

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I've been wanting a PX4 sub compact 9mm too but they are pretty much non-existent at the gun shows. The ones available online are way overpriced.
    Greg_R likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Mag's for 809c fit TH9c , I have bought 3 of them 13rd with NO problem's --- GunMagWarehouse .com $27 each

I was also going between the PX4 and the TH9c and read a post of another member here and went with the TH9c . He said his TH9 had a better trigger than his PX4

It's a great little pistol , no problems with well over 1000 cast bullets through it . I come up with appox 6lb DA trigger and appox 3 1/2 SA trigger pull , that's after a break in
    Greg_R and NativeTexan like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    As DA-Auto said, the 809 mags fit and oddly enough you can find them around on several websites now, both the 17 and 13. Also I managed to grab some actual 17rd TH9 mags a couple weeks ago so Taurus may actually do ok on mags with this gun eventually.
    NativeTexan likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    24508 times
    I am really torn over the TH9.

I have been looking for a Big Brother to my compact SAR B6c. I am looking at both the SAR B6 as well as the SAR CM9 Gen2.

Then, I see the TH9.

As you probably surmised from all the models I listed, I want a hammer fired pistol.

It looks like there are magazines out there for the TH9's, so that should not be a problem. They are made by Mec Gar, a known maker of quality magazines, so that is a plus.

If only I had won that big Powerball drawing last night...
    NativeTexan likes this.

MOLON LABE
    "We the people, are the rightful masters of both the Congress, and the Courts. Not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who have perverted it." ~Abraham Lincoln

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Well I haven't shot the other guns but I can tell you I LOVE my TH9C. Runs like a champ, feels great in the hand, very controllable, large capacity, the slide is not super stiff for those that have trouble racking some slides this one is smooth and easy. I don't know what the aftermarket parts/add ons looks like for the SARs but that's certainly lacking here but that's generally the case for most things that aren't super common/popular/glock, lol.
    NativeTexan likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    If you can afford the Beretta, I'd go that route. Seriously, a Taurus can't compare to a Beretta.

Supporting Vendor

Member #
    Liked
    858 times
    I have both. I have 2 PX4s and had a third for awhile. While the TH9 is a fine pistol, the Berettas are beautiful. The rotating barrel eats up recoil. My .40 Beretta feels like shooting a 9mm. I did work on the trigger and change some parts on one of them, and it is as nice as my worked over CZs. And, speaking of CZs, that would be another great way to go. I was just admiring my TH9 last night, but still. If you have the budget, you won't regret the CZ, or the Beretta.

https://lakelinellc.com/

Parts and Accessories for Pistols

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7166 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregongunguy View Post
    If you can afford the Beretta, I'd go that route. Seriously, a Taurus can't compare to a Beretta.
    Really, you don't say............................
    NativeTexan likes this.
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30580 times
    I like my TH9c a LOT. I've been shooting it as much as I can. I've been weak due to a bone marrow problem and chemo drugs, but I've been getting stronger lately. I've got 400 rounds through it since I bought it. I found mags in stock for the compact and the 17 rounders at www.gunmagwarehouse.com. I've got 4 compacts and 2 17 rounders, now. The compacts I bought are for the 809C and work just fine.

I finally got out and shot a couple of other 9mms today, but I might get that TH9c back out tomorrow. I'll shoot it so long as I can stand up. I put 50 rounds downrange today, so it ain't like I'm cured, but I DID IT.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links