TX-22 (16 rounder) on sale for $299.99 w/free shipping - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: TX-22 (16 rounder) on sale for $299.99 w/free shipping

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Taurus advertises list prices and the irrefutable "Law of Supply and Demand" kicks in. If you wait long enough the TX-22 will be $199, or less. I want one, but I can wait until they are available at a lower price. Remember, the PT111-G2 came down as low as &169.00 after they had been out for a year or so and they must of cost considerably more to produce as the have a heavy steel slide vs an aluminum one on the TX-22.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4165 times
    Quote Originally Posted by richardbrentm View Post
    Taurus advertises list prices and the irrefutable "Law of Supply and Demand" kicks in. If you wait long enough the TX-22 will be $199, or less. I want one, but I can wait until they are available at a lower price. Remember, the PT111-G2 came down as low as &169.00 after they had been out for a year or so and they must of cost considerably more to produce as the have a heavy steel slide vs an aluminum one on the TX-22.

Hey, I'll take one for $199, but I'd rather wait for the SS (or brushed aluminum, whatever) model. Surely there will be one in a year or so...

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    Hey, I'll take one for $199, but I'd rather wait for the SS (or brushed aluminum, whatever) model. Surely there will be one in a year or so...
    You, me and a million others will want one for under $200. I'm sure we will get our chance reasonably soon. Taurus really has some good engineering and they seem to really be on a roll. I have 2 G-2's and they have been problem free, good shooters and great value. I suspect that the TX-22 will follow suit.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3904 times
    It looks like a pistol I want to like a lot, but I think I will wait to see how they do in about six months or so.
    NativeTexan likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    553 times
    Quote Originally Posted by richardbrentm View Post

I have to agree. The more I think about this pistol and its 1 year warranty, along with no parts support unless you pay and ship it back to Miami..........it is going to take a sub-$200 price tag to get me to bite.
    Rossi R98 Plinker 6" barrel
    Taurus G2S Brown/Black
    A few others

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4165 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cnj View Post
    I have to agree. The more I think about this pistol and its 1 year warranty, along with no parts support unless you pay and ship it back to Miami..........it is going to take a sub-$200 price tag to get me to bite.
    "[N]o parts support unless you" "ship it back". Is this based on Taurus's reputation for a lack of parts, or have you heard some official word that they will not provide parts to the public?

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32739 times
    They had none in stock at Academy yesterday. I ended up walking out of there with a TH9C. I'd been looking at that gun a lot and like the manual of operations, the firepower, and the caliber. I think I'd picked it up even if they'd HAD a TX22. Maybe pick one up in the future, don't know, but at over 300 bucks, they had a Browning buckmark in inventory there that looks tempting. I don't own a Browning of ANY kind and the Buckmark is one I can afford.
    Alfonse and Mark40 like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    553 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    "[N]o parts support unless you" "ship it back". Is this based on Taurus's reputation for a lack of parts, or have you heard some official word that they will not provide parts to the public?
    Generally, Taurus' parts support as a whole has been well under what one would receive from many other manufacturers (Smith, Ruger, KelTec, Hi-Point, to name a few). Either they don't have the part you need, and have no true idea when they will, or they have it, but want you to return the gun to Miami for repair.....aside from a short time at the start of the warranty, that'll be on YOUR dime (again, unlike MANY other manufacturers that will email you a return slip). I heave read nothing official. Just going by what I have read and experienced.
    olfarhors and Mark40 like this.
    Rossi R98 Plinker 6" barrel
    Taurus G2S Brown/Black
    A few others

Member #
    Liked
    48165 times
    The price will be higher. The gun is made in the U.S. Support American made products.
    That being said, I was shopping for one over the weekend and my price is about 260.00 tops.
    I guess I'll have to wait until the rush is over. I can't find any under 300.00
    We the People...

Member #
    Liked
    7097 times
    I want to see and feel one before I comment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links