TH9c extraction issues with all brands of ammo. Anyone else?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: TH9c extraction issues with all brands of ammo. Anyone else?

Member #
    Liked
    23 times

TH9c extraction issues with all brands of ammo. Anyone else?

I had been very happy with my TH9c but recently it has been having spent cartridge extraction issues with almost every brand of ammo I've tried. All the ammo has had brass cases not steel. Brands that had run flawlessly are now not extracting and jam up. I have to eject them manually by dropping the mag and racking the slide until they come out. I've VERY thoroughly cleaned the gun several times and scoped the barrel (it looks fine) but still have the problem. Does anyone else have this issue? I saw the thread about steel case ammo not extracting but I don't shoot steel case ever.
    silverstring likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    344 times
    Have you checked you extractor? Maybe gunked up with powder or a piece of brass. Disassemble the slide, pull the barrel out, and just slide a case up under the extractor, it should hold it. If it drops free there's your problem.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11180 times
    Sorry to hear about the issues. Check the extractor claw and verify breech face and extractor area is clean. Try another magazine. Is it over lubed? Follow the suggestion above to verify extractor claw is grabbing the spent shells correctly.
    loudviking likes this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    As JKoht said
    Spray Breakleen and a toothpick in behind the extractor

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    I had quite a few failure to extract brass cartriges today on my TH9C, will take a close look at the extractor when I clean it. I hope the cheap winchester steel case ammo didn’t damage the extractor. I will report back after cleaning and inspection.

Member #
    Liked
    3249 times
    Man, I hope Turi don't start having problems with this model too. Keep us posted please.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    I cleaned the extractor and viewed under magnification. No signs of damage or excess wear, perhaps the issue was just some dirt build up. In any event I will be looking for anyfurther issues._

I have used a little dry graphite on the internal pivot points for the trigger action. this has remived the gritty feel when DA and reduced pull for a very smooth SA trigger pull. Got me thinkng perhaps got some on the ectractor so it just slips over the cartridge case, Will use a cotton tip with brake cleaner to make sure the extractor hook is free of any lubricant.
    Last edited by Jack of Hearts; 02-23-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    I didn't do anything more to clean my gun but this last time at the range it ran like a champ. Did have one stovepipe but that was the only problem out of about 100 rounds. I used the same ammo I did when I got at least a couple failures to extract per each magazine (I only load 6 round per mag for the range). Maybe whatever was causing the problem worked its way out <shrugs>. I'll pay more attention to the extractor next time I clean it.

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Sending mine in for service. Failure to extract bass about 6 out of 100. Failure to extract Winchester steel case 9 out of 10. I just hope they don’t just test fire a dozen brass rounds and sent it back as is.I asked them what is the turn around time and they said 12+ weeks, Yikes!. I will post back at some point in the future with an update after I get it back, will only use brass going forward.
    Last edited by Jack of Hearts; 04-09-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    I've put over 300rds through mine with no issues, fingers crossed...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links