Taurus Firearm Forum banner

TH9c extraction issues with all brands of ammo. Anyone else?

6K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  crethsTaurus 
#1 ·
I had been very happy with my TH9c but recently it has been having spent cartridge extraction issues with almost every brand of ammo I've tried. All the ammo has had brass cases not steel. Brands that had run flawlessly are now not extracting and jam up. I have to eject them manually by dropping the mag and racking the slide until they come out. I've VERY thoroughly cleaned the gun several times and scoped the barrel (it looks fine) but still have the problem. Does anyone else have this issue? I saw the thread about steel case ammo not extracting but I don't shoot steel case ever.

#7 · (Edited)
I cleaned the extractor and viewed under magnification. No signs of damage or excess wear, perhaps the issue was just some dirt build up. In any event I will be looking for anyfurther issues._

I have used a little dry graphite on the internal pivot points for the trigger action. this has remived the gritty feel when DA and reduced pull for a very smooth SA trigger pull. Got me thinkng perhaps got some on the ectractor so it just slips over the cartridge case, Will use a cotton tip with brake cleaner to make sure the extractor hook is free of any lubricant.

#8 ·
I didn't do anything more to clean my gun but this last time at the range it ran like a champ. Did have one stovepipe but that was the only problem out of about 100 rounds. I used the same ammo I did when I got at least a couple failures to extract per each magazine (I only load 6 round per mag for the range). Maybe whatever was causing the problem worked its way out <shrugs>. I'll pay more attention to the extractor next time I clean it.

#9 · (Edited)
Sending mine in for service. Failure to extract bass about 6 out of 100. Failure to extract Winchester steel case 9 out of 10. I just hope they don’t just test fire a dozen brass rounds and sent it back as is.I asked them what is the turn around time and they said 12+ weeks, Yikes!. I will post back at some point in the future with an update after I get it back, will only use brass going forward.

#11 ·
Sent TH9C in for service in early April after 12 weeks they said there was an issue with the extractor and parts were on long term back order, seems strange for a current production model. Long story short they issued a replacement gun via my local dealer, sent me a whole new gun in the box with 2 mags etc. so I have an extra mag and case out of the ordeal. Trigger on replacement is not as gritty as the original TH9C . Have not shot it yet but will stick to brass ammo. My guess is they made some changes to the extractor and all parts are being used on production guns.

#13 ·
I've had my TH9C for 3 years absolutely has been a fantastic gun up until the last time I was shooting with it. I like you have only ran brass ammo through all of my guns I will not ever shoot steel case through any of my guns. I was shooting and the extractor fell out it. I sent it to Taurus immediately they replaced the extractor and a couple of other things. Got the gun back, first time out shooting chambering about the 3rd round it stove piped on my got the casing out of the barrel proceeded to shot 3 more stove pipes. I'm waiting for Taurus to return my gun shortly. They told me there installing another new extractor. I'm really hoping I don't have any more issues when I get my gun back.

#14 ·
Taurus th9c extractor problems, I probably have run close to 2500 rounds through TH9C then back in March while at the range the extractor fell out of the gun just went bad. Very impressive sent it to Taurus had it back in about 16 days brand new extractor installed. The first time back at the range with it shell casings kept getting jammed in the barrel. Sent the gun back to Taurus they decided to replace it with a brand new one I'm quite impressed with Taurus customer service pretty dam good. I own 3 Taurus pistols my TH9C a PT92 and a TX22 my PT92 is absolutely my favorite gun love it really nice quality gun. And my TX22 is freaking awesome as well. I've owned several Taurus guns did get a couple of them I had issues with dumped moved on. I'm sticking with Taurus as my go to gun like I said there customer service is amazing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.