PT 809 discontinued, TH9 the new 809? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: PT 809 discontinued, TH9 the new 809?

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Member #
    67138
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    202
    Liked
    128 times
    Quote Originally Posted by geneh405 View Post
    Looks like they are in stock here.

    https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=118685
    They are good to do business with.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Member #
    67138
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    202
    Liked
    128 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vessels View Post
    ...
    Also, after looking at pictures of the new TH9 model...it sure looks alot like the 809...maybe those magazines will work with both guns? Is the TH9 just a 809 with new styling and name??

    Thanks for the help.
    At the SHOT show, someone said the 809 mag would work in the th9 but not the other way around.
    jwc007 likes this.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Member #
    70641
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    Anybody have leads on where to buy PT 809 parts?
    I need a firing pin block...
    I choose a Dangerous Freedom over a Safe Bondage.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Senior Member
    Member #
    30297
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Wake County, NC
    Posts
    2,802
    Liked
    5216 times
    There are two extremes of parts commonality between gun manufacturers

    Glock is easily the master. So many parts fit between models. It's like art.

    Then there is Taurus. Just keeping inventory must be an absolute nightmare.
    Did each generation of the 24/7 REALLY require a different magazine? What
    were the benefits to gun function? What was the benefit to consumers? I'd say
    it was a benefit to Taurus in that they would be the only place to get new
    magazines but, for it to be a benefit they would have to have them in stock
    and be moving them.

    All the Best,
    D. White
    jonrjen likes this.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual
    rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

  6. #15
    Senior Member
    Member #
    22084
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    12,189
    Liked
    18991 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thisbigguy View Post
    Anybody have leads on where to buy PT 809 parts?
    I need a firing pin block...
    I would say to call Taurus first. Second would be to scour Ebay, there have been more and more listings for pistol parts both individual and group parts and pieces listed.

    Good Luck
    In an effort to remain Politically, Socially and Humanly Correct: Please take everything I say with a grain of salt, understanding that I mean to NOT offend any individual, group, sect, affiliation, real or fictitious in nature.

  7. #16
    Senior Member
    Member #
    11801
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Georgia
    Posts
    33,076
    Liked
    25617 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhite View Post
    There are two extremes of parts commonality between gun manufacturers

    Glock is easily the master. So many parts fit between models. It's like art.

    Then there is Taurus. Just keeping inventory must be an absolute nightmare.
    Did each generation of the 24/7 REALLY require a different magazine? What
    were the benefits to gun function? What was the benefit to consumers? I'd say
    it was a benefit to Taurus in that they would be the only place to get new
    magazines but, for it to be a benefit they would have to have them in stock
    and be moving them.

    All the Best,
    D. White
    IF a Manufacture had plans of getting into the parts business (gunsmiths and owners) then the idea is great (for the manufacture) if they were not of that thinking then its a nightmare I would think for the manufacture, and we can see how much this has effected the repair section as they often "are waiting for parts" to arrive.
    FreeInAZ likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

  8. #17
    Junior Member
    Member #
    73339
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    2 times
    I have a PT809 and ran into the same problems with mag availability. What I found is this:

    Springfield XD9 mags will work in the PT809 pistol... IF you shave off the top lip of the magazine base to allow the magazine to seat fully into the mag well. That is an easy fix. Now the down side... the XD9 magazines will not lock the slide back on the last shot. To me that is a minor inconvenient trade-off to get extra magazines. For competitions I simply use the 2 factory magazines 1st so the slide will lock back and one of the XD magazines last since I will rarely run dry on the last magazine.

    Hope this helps.
    glenwolde and Yitty like this.

  9. #18
    Member
    Member #
    63313
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    38
    Liked
    29 times
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I have a PT809 and ran into the same problems with mag availability. What I found is this:

    Springfield XD9 mags will work in the PT809 pistol... IF you shave off the top lip of the magazine base to allow the magazine to seat fully into the mag well. That is an easy fix. Now the down side... the XD9 magazines will not lock the slide back on the last shot. To me that is a minor inconvenient trade-off to get extra magazines. For competitions I simply use the 2 factory magazines 1st so the slide will lock back and one of the XD magazines last since I will rarely run dry on the last magazine.

    Hope this helps.
    Great tip. Thank you. Could you share a photo of the area that you altered for our reference?

    Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. PT 809 / 809: New Styling (and Barrel Length?) See Picture
    By JVVcn7 in forum PT92 & Other Taurus Pistols
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-27-2017, 06:05 PM
  2. PT 809 Discontinued ??
    By scrofcheck in forum PT92 & Other Taurus Pistols
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-10-2017, 09:54 PM
  3. New (to me) PT-809
    By Valjean in forum PT92 & Other Taurus Pistols
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-04-2016, 05:02 PM
  4. Taurus PT 809 being discontinued??? Please advise
    By JudgeandJury in forum PT92 & Other Taurus Pistols
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-13-2013, 04:23 PM
  5. Is the PT-809 Being Discontinued?
    By dallascj in forum PT92 & Other Taurus Pistols
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-26-2012, 05:29 PM

Search tags for this page

are taurus 809 vs 809 c magazines interchangeable

,

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/pt92-other-taurus-pistols/375466-pt-809-discontinued-th9-new-809-a.html

,

taurus 809 magazine compatibility

,
taurus 809 vs taurus th9
,

taurus 809 vs th9

,

taurus pt809 discontinued

,
taurus th9 magazine compatibility
,

taurus th9 vs 809

,

th9 mags fit pt809 pistol

,
th9 vs pt809
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread