My Confession...
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

My Confession...

Well, here's the confession. I fell for the Glock craze and broke down and bought a 23. I got rid of my Ruger P345 to buy it. However, I'm falling out of favor with the Glock because I was always a fan of the .45 and I want something that is unique to ME. Now I'm in a dilemma. I am stuck between a PT 845 and a PT 1911(I'm leaning toward the 845 since I like high capacity). I don't want to carry two types of ammo, yet I have a crapload of .40 ammo including Federal HST. I feel so emo typing this but I do get attached to my guns so I am ambivalent about the sell. So my questions are as follows:

Should I sell my Glock 23 and use the cash for the Taurus I want?

What would you do in my situation?

The Way of Strategy is direct and true; you must pursue your enemy intently and force them to obey your mind. -- Miyamoto Musashi

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31454 times

Re: My Confession...

Is keeping the Glock and buying an 845 not an option? I know times are tough, but I'd hate to see you regret selling the Glock off......if you're committed to a 45, and have to trade in the Glock to make it happen, then I can tell you I've not heard of any problems with the 845, other than possibly not being able to easily find extra mags for it. The PT1911 speaks for itself - it's a 1911.

Good luck, Dragonblood, and welcome to the forum.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Yes sir, keeping the Glock is no longer an option and I am committed to the .45. The 845 has all the options I want (ambi safety, ambi mag release, SA option, etc.), and I can conceal the 845 better than a G21. I kept the box, manual, even the lock that shuts up the liberals. I have 3 13 rounders and a 29 round "happy stick". I have a 50 round box of 165 grain Federal HST .40S&W and a 20 round box of 135 grain (I think) Pow 'R Ball. Since you have more experience than I do, which one is easier to conceal, the 845 or the 1911?
    The Way of Strategy is direct and true; you must pursue your enemy intently and force them to obey your mind. -- Miyamoto Musashi

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31454 times

Well, neither one are exactly what I would call a conceal carry piece, but the 845 has a shorter barrel, that's for sure. So, probably the 845 would be a bit easier to conceal carry.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    2444 times

Yes, I would sell it if I wanted something else.
    I have the 845 and can tell you it is a fine gun. I have a Springfield 1911- which is also a fine gun....I like the 845 better.

Now.....Since you "like" the 1911 style, but desire the 845 features- why not look at the 945. It is a single stack-so only 8 rounds and a metal frame like the 1911 and SA/DA- decocker and a 4" barrel like the 845. The best of both worlds...and it only weighs about 29 oz.
    I would take a serious look at that before I bought the 845.
    a.k.a. Higgy Baby

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I was in the same boat a couple of months ago. Had the PT 845 and the 1911 side by side on the counter for about a half hour. Couldn't decide which one to get and knew I couldn't get them both. I'd pick one up and go through the motions, rack the slide, tigger pull, sites then do the same on the other one. It basically came down to what I really wanted the weapon for, which was for self defence and to carry when i'm out of town on business my permits finally come. So I went with the PT 845 and have no regrets. 250 rounds through it so far and no problems, very accurate. I just put the 1911 on the back burner for awhile. Good luck with your decision.
    U.S Navy Veteran
    NRA Member
    Taurus PT 845, 99 AF
    Ruger SR9, SP 101 .327 Mag
    Bersa 380
    1938 Mauser K98 8mm & 1917 DWM Luger

Member #
    Liked
    187 times

I also have a PT845, it's a house/yard gun instead of CC. But the gun itself has performed flawlessly with hollow points as well as FMJ. It all comes down to what feels good to you (grip, pointability, safety/slide/mag release).
    I bought the 845 because it has the enterchangable backstrap (you get three different sizes) and because i'm left handed and ALL the controls are fully ambidextrous.
    "The internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI."

"The nine millimeter is for killing europeans, for truely dangerous people you need a .45."
    Col. Jeff Cooper

" George Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

"Life is tough...it's even tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Oldster
    I also have a PT845, it's a house/yard gun instead of CC. But the gun itself has performed flawlessly with hollow points as well as FMJ. It all comes down to what feels good to you (grip, pointability, safety/slide/mag release).
    I bought the 845 because it has the interchangeable backstrap (you get three different sizes) and because I'm left handed and ALL the controls are fully ambidextrous.
    That's why I want the 845. Ambi controls was the reason my very first pistol buy was a Ruger P94. It was a cinderblock though, and I saved money to buy the P345 and sold the P94.

Sponsored Links