Taurus....Got problems?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Taurus....Got problems?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Taurus....Got problems?

I recently got rid of my fist ever pistol, the PT-140. I was told by 2 cops and a friend not to get one but I thought, I'm sure they have to be good or they wouldn't be selling. I thought they were anti-Taurus snobbs. Once I got it, it would jam FTE, and FTF (nosedive) at least two rounds per magazine. I keep it for 5 years and never found a way to fix the failure rate. I polished the feed ramp, tried diffrent kinds of ammo, got a new magazine. I was even told by the shop that sold it to me that I was holding it wrong. I needed to hold down the muzzel with my force so that the round could properly feed. Anyway, I was very disapointed with the answers I got from Taurus who told me that "They had not heard anything about any problems with their pistols." I told them I would send them a link to a forum of people who were having the same problems and they told me to send it to "[email protected]". The email was FAKE! Anyway, here is the link just incase anyone is having the same problems. The discussion continues to this very day. Good luck with your Taurus. I personally will never own one again.
    http://www.tacapp.com/?p=53

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Taurus....Got problems?

I have thousands of rounds spread over 4 taurus handguns and they are all very reliable.

I have a MilPro for my CCW, and it has never had a malfunction in over 1000 rounds.

TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
    Member #
    Liked
    102 times

I have another one that I've put many rounds through.

There was some troubles with the older ones, but I believe they are cleared up for the most part with the later version of the guns.

Did you ever send yours back to Taurus?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    197 times

I work in a Gun Shop. I have Sean everything from Hk to Hi-Point, Sig to Bersa, Perazzi to Mossberg. Nobody makes a perfect Gun. If you don't send it back you can't complain. Some people have trouble with Customer Service, I never have, don't know what to tell you. Stuff happens.
    TrucksNCoffee likes this.
    Two Revolvers every day all day

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Three Times and one other time just to get magazines replaced. And they don't pay for the shipping. They will send a work order saying fixed but won't say want they did. Never worked. It may have been just the old Mill, but I see alot of problems now with the 24/7 Pro as on the link above. It may be luck of the draw on ability to function. For me, I got the Shit end of the stick.

TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
    Member #
    Liked
    102 times

I have seen too, someone complain about a given gun will work fine until someone else gets it in their hands (this guys wife) and it won't feed properly anymore. I'm not saying that's the case here, but some of the said cases may be related to the way they fire the gun.

Member #
    Liked
    102 times

I'm not into disparaging someone's experience, but there certainly seems to be a lot of negatives. I am just a bit skeptical about this thread.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Well, here is one Cop telling you that the third generation pt145 is as good as it gets, it is now my backup and my glock 36 stays nice and warm at home

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron
    I am just a bit skeptical about this thread.
    +1

My 9mm PT24/7 Pro developed problems recently, but it not reason enough for me to hate the product. I've had more or less 800 rounds of fun with it already. Just like cars, guns have mechanical parts that break...but then you can still have said parts repaired or replaced. That's what the lifetime warranty is for.

Can't wait to have my handgun back...in about a week (as the gun dealer promised). :P

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

matanglawin im also from the philippines and im using 24/7 9mm PRO too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links