Question on PT845, slide clearance
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times

Question on PT845, slide clearance

Purchased first semiauto this Spring. Went with pt-845 blue slide.

Did an initial cleaning when purchased and have shot it twice for a total of 50 rounds. (using Rem 230 fmj). Did a cleaning after each session.

I noticed that the slide bottom and the top of the polymer frame are not tight. Not sure if this is normal or what. The groove in the slide are milled in and the metal guides are molded into the frame so was wondering if this is normal.

Two pictures of the sides follow:

Name:  845 left side.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  753.4 KBName:  845 right side.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  1.54 MB

I dont remember if this was the distance when I got it new or if has gotten out of spec.

Anybody have this model and does the play between the slide and body look normal?

Sorry for this type of question, this is my first semiauto I have purchased.

I can squeeze with my thumb and finger the front site and picatinny rail and it will go together and then spring back.

Thanks for any responses.

Joe in Wisconsin

Member #
    Liked
    33307 times
    I own a PT845. I've run about 1000 round through it, and I carry it now and then. Mine looks just like that and it functions perfectly. I don't see anything wrong or out of place with the way the frame and slide fit together. I would say that what you've described is normal. I have not tried squeezing the frame and rail together, but I suspect I would get the same result as you. Mine as never had a FTF or FTE. It's accurate and smooth.

There is nothing in life so bad or so awful that it cannot be made infinitely worse by a lawyer.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Thanks Skiff for the info. I hope its accurate cause I cant get on the paper at 10yds. Thats what practice is for. I was at the range and the guy who is ahead of the pistol range tried it and hit 1 plate at 25 yds out of 5 rounds and he is a great shot. He had 5 different semiautos and a range bag the size of a yugo. I dont think he missed with his equipment shooting 30 rounds. He said it may be sighted in for 10 yds.

Next Wed he said he will go over to the 10 yd and check it off a rest. It doesnt seem to have a way to adjust for elevation, just windage.

Will let you know of results on Thurs.

PS, Read the article on your trip to Taurus, very interesting.

JBL

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    33307 times
    I've not actually shot targets at 25 yards with mine. I bought mine as a self defense/home defense pistol and as such only shoot it at targets inside of 10 yards. When I shoot pistol targets at 25 yards I prefer adjustable sights and usually choose revolvers over semi autos. That's not a knock on semi autos, I just like revolvers. You may need to change your point of aim or sight picture to get on the target at 25 yards. Start with a target at 7 to 10 yards and see where you group. Then adjust your sight picture to move the group up or down as needed. Then move your target back 5 yards at a time and repeat the process. By the time you get to 25 yards you'll know where to hold. By the way, the bullet weight will also make a difference in point of impact, so you may want to experiment with that also. Good luck with your new gun.

There is nothing in life so bad or so awful that it cannot be made infinitely worse by a lawyer.

Member #
    Liked
    20636 times
    Looks like BigSkiff has it covered. I think your range friend has the right idea about shooting the gun from a rest at a shorter distance. I will be interested to see the results.

Member #
    Liked
    2460 times
    Ive never taken my 809 out that far. I usually stay within 10 yards. Ill push it to 15 every now and then and the grouping size is noticably different. But not too terrible
    Gun control is like making it harder for sober people to own cars.
    ~Unknown

You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence.
    ~Charles A. Beard

Sponsored Links