Sub 2K minor malfunction - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Sub 2K minor malfunction

Member #
    Liked
    644 times
    I sure hope this doesn't happen to the fools on gun broker paying a grand or so for one of these...
    Your Freedom To Be You Includes My Freedom To Be Free From You - Andrew Wilkow

Member #
    Liked
    41754 times

Sub 2K minor malfunction

Yeah. Bang for your Buck! The conclusion was they sent me a brand new gun with a new serial number and I traded it for an AR.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.
    jwc007 and FreeInAZ like this.

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

ETF
    Member #
    Liked
    2203 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Texheim View Post
    Yeah. Bang for your Buck! The conclusion was they sent me a brand new gun with a new serial number and I traded it for an AR.

Thanks for the update.

I've never seen anything like that happen. Looks scary.

I was at the local gunshow last week and there was a Kel-Tek sub 2000 in .40 for sale at $770. No negotiating.

There was also a used HiPoint carbine in 9mm,all chromed up, for $550.

I'm interested in either one of those types of guns to fill a space in the gun safe but I think that I'll just have to wait a bit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    644 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Texheim View Post

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.
    Good trade!
    Your Freedom To Be You Includes My Freedom To Be Free From You - Andrew Wilkow

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Not seen this happen with the 9mm models, just the 40's. I have a 9mm version and have had an ammo issue where the case blew out the bottom right over the feed ramp. It blew the magazine out and blew the safety button out too. It was sent to Kel-Tec just last Friday for inspection/repair. I'm not the original purchaser so I hope they don't really screw me when they fix it. The did ask for my DD-214 for some reason though. Military discount? Maybe...
    "Popeye"
    USN ret.
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.
    Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    The things that come to those that wait will be the scraggly crappy junk left by those that got there first.

Member #
    Liked
    41754 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Popeye1959 View Post
    Not seen this happen with the 9mm models, just the 40's. I have a 9mm version and have had an ammo issue where the case blew out the bottom right over the feed ramp. It blew the magazine out and blew the safety button out too. It was sent to Kel-Tec just last Friday for inspection/repair. I'm not the original purchaser so I hope they don't really screw me when they fix it. The did ask for my DD-214 for some reason though. Military discount? Maybe...
    I asked the service guy over the phone what they had done to it, after he told me that it had been sent back. He said let me look at the parts list and maybe I can infer what they did.......oh....... they rebuilt your entire gun......hmmmmmm.

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Molon Labe
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1397 times
    Of course everything on the internet is true...bonjour!!
    Texheim and GhostHorse like this.

Member #
    Liked
    25802 times
    Wow. Had one on my radar for years. Glad for you that they had parts on hand that allowed for a fix / rebuild. I have an image of the Sub 2K wing of the complex hanging with cobwebs!
    Texheim and FreeInAZ like this.
    If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
    .................................................. ...........................................
    Noam Chomsky

Member #
    Liked
    955 times
    JB Weld fixes all problems
    Texheim, GhostHorse and Trotline like this.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. - Gerald Ford?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." ~~ George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    41754 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rogertc1 View Post
    Of course everything on the internet is true...bonjour!!
    What exactly do you mean by that?

Molon Labe

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links