Finally got my Sig 522
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Finally got my Sig 522

Got a call from Fludd's this morning letting me know that my Rifle had arrived. I stopped by and picked it up during lunch. I'm all kinds of excited to get this thing to the range. Nice looking rifle, very smooth trigger. There were no sights in the box, but I knew that already. I had picked up a Truglo reddot sight last week because of that. Something weird though, and it siked me and the gun store guy out for a good five minutes.

I was playing around with the rifle, and went to pull the bolt back, and, no charging handle. WTF???? I couldn't figure it out. Me and the store dude looked through all the accessory bags, behind the hard case cushioning, everywhere we could think of. Then, he was handling the rifle and noticed that he heard a rattle when he shook it. He scoped out a little compartment on the bottom of the pistol grip. He opened it up, and sure enough, there was the charging handle. Talk about relieved. I really thought I didnt' recieve a complete rifle. I was going to cry after all the time I had waited on it.

Anyhow, came with one mag, three rails that I could attach to the fore stock, lock, extended butt stock, and hard case. I had already recieved the extra mag I ordered last week. The stock is adjustable in and out, and also folds if you want to go Rambo on a target or a zombie ass. Really nice rifle, really well constructed.

I will provide a range report when I get a chance to shoot it.
    Glock 27
    Sig Sauer SP2340
    Taurus PT 145
    Rossi 357
    Taurus PT 709SS
    Marlin XL7 w/ Nikon 3-9X50
    Mossberg 500A
    ISSC M22
    NEF Pardner 12GA Pump

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Re: Finally got my Sig 522

Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man, Landing is the First...

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

LOL, I know I know. What I need to do is just take pictures of all my crap and post them all up at once.
    Glock 27
    Sig Sauer SP2340
    Taurus PT 145
    Rossi 357
    Taurus PT 709SS
    Mossberg 500A
    ISSC M22
    NEF Pardner 12GA Pump

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

First of all, there's the picture of my son holding my new Sig 522. Second, i've got a range report. YEAH!!!!!! I finally got out to shoot it.

The functionallity of the gun was flawless. It ate the federal bulk pack hollow points like nothing. Infact, it ate all 550 of them. Never wiped off the feed ramp, just loaded it and shot. Didn't matter if I shot slow or emptied the mag, flawless. It's also very accurate. I put that Truglo sight on, and for a 5MOA sight, it's very nice and works well on the rifle.

My buddy brought his M&P 22 with him, and i'm glad he did. I was able to give an honest comparison of the two rifles. The thing that is most noticable, is the Sig is heavier. When I started shooting, the weight made a big difference in how it handled when we started doing quick shot drills. The M&P actually had a little muzzle rise, to my surprise, where as the Sig stayed put. Muzzle rise on a .22 is a funny concept, but, it was for real. Most probably wouldn't have noticed it, but since I had a comparible rifle, we picked up on it. Both rifles were very accurate, and both rifles performed flawlessly.

The only bitch i've got about the Sig, is the mags. It's not that they didn't feed well or anything, they were just a pain to load after you got about 17 or 18 in. Where as, the M&P was really easy because it has that little deal on the outside that you can use your thumb to push down as you insert the round. You can't take the pressure off the Sig mags, so it's just a little tough on the thumbs. I just wanted to point that out, even though it has nothing to do with the rifles performance, which was as mentioned, flawless. I was considering the M&P, but i'm glad I got the sig. My son is too, as he burnt most of the round up. Dad was stuck shooting the ISSC most of the time, which I don't mind. It's a neat little pistol in it's own right. Much better now with the Glock front sight.

Long story short, 4oo bucks for the rifle and an extra mag, delivered. Flawless performance with any ammo. Not a single malfunction after over 500 rounds of cheap, dirty ammunition. Accurate and ergonomically correct to it's .223 cousin; so an excellent training tool. I would buy again with out a hitch, and now that i've shot it, any buyers remorse I may have had, is gone. I'm looking forward to those range days of shooting over 1000 rounds, and only spending 30 bucks in ammo.
    Glock 27
    Sig Sauer SP2340
    Taurus PT 145
    Rossi 357
    Taurus PT 709SS
    Mossberg 500A
    ISSC M22
    NEF Pardner 12GA Pump

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7198 times

Quote Originally Posted by tarpon4me
    Muzzle rise on a .22 is a funny concept, but, it was for real. Most probably wouldn't have noticed it, but since I had a comparible rifle, we picked up on it.
    Light and short .22 rifles seem to have noticable muzzle rise when shooting from a bench. My 3.8 lb. 31" long Neos Carbine has real muzzle rise off of a sandbag if you don't hold the forend. My 6.5 lb. 40" long Marlin 39 has none on the same sandbag.

BTW, congrats on the new Sig 522.
    NRA Life Member

Member Emeritus 1946-2018
    Member #
    Liked
    27596 times

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Croker

Drop down and give me ten!
    ~~~Just kiddin'! :P

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served
    US Army / Army Reserve / Mississippi State Guard

Member Emeritus 1946-2018
    Member #
    Liked
    27596 times

The picture of your son with the new rifle speaks volumes!

Congratulations!

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served
    US Army / Army Reserve / Mississippi State Guard

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

thanks guys!
    Glock 27