Went to range and came home with this
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    806 times

Went to range and came home with this

As I was leaving Bud's Range today they where putting these on display. I spotted it and compared two model and went with the Stoeger Coach Gun, single trigger with walnut, 3" chambered and blue finish mostly due to the price between it and the double trigger. It was about $125 price difference for an extra trigger. I decided it wasn't that big a deal to me now. I had one this size as a kid through no idea what brand and loved it. I still kick myself for selling it about 30 years ago. Now I will have a second shotgun for home defense besides my Mossberg 500 pump.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Joe

Owning a gun doesn’t make you any more an armed citizen than owning a guitar
    makes you a musician.

Member #
    Liked
    109 times

Re: Went to range and came home with this

Nice!

Member #
    Liked
    13 times

Pretty sweet!
    Like a midget at a urinal, you have to stay on your toes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8361 times

Those little Coach gun are making a big comeback. Nice gun, I love the way they feel and look.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Member #
    Liked
    806 times

I loved the way it shot left barrel is Improved Cylinder (what ever that means) and the right is Modified. I tried 2 - 3" buck through it and 2 - 2 3/4" buck and left with 3 boxes of the 2 3/4. I figure my wife will want to shot it and the 3" might be a bit much for her. I really wanted the double trigger until I tried the single and had to agree it is much faster. All in all I'm pretty pleased with the purchase as I walked out just a little over $300 shorter than when I came in. Oh and Stoeger is made in Brazil if any are interested. The walnut stock is also pretty nice I might add.
    Joe

Owning a gun doesn’t make you any more an armed citizen than owning a guitar
    makes you a musician.

Member #
    Liked
    27195 times

Yep, these lil beauteis just feel great, i don't know so much about me using it for hiome defense vs a pump with more rounds but they are awesome looking, feeling, shooting lil shotguns for sure!
    kind of like a 1911 , they just look right!
    enjoy!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31975 times

Joe, that's a beautiful coach gun. My Springfield 511 was used but I really love it. Let us know how it shoots !
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8361 times

There is just something about those big barrels staring at you. I prefer a pump myself but would love to own one while they are still priced right.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Member #
    Liked
    33304 times

Good looking shotty! I've looked at those a couple of times. One of these days the "buy me" bug is going to bite and I'll own one of those! Congrats on a very nice shotgun!

There is nothing in life so bad or so awful that it cannot be made infinitely worse by a lawyer.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Good-looking shotgun, Joe. Man, you must have some powerful self-control to live that close to Bud's and not go bankrupt picking up a gun bargain on every visit.
    Think before shooting, or speaking.

PT 145 .45 ACP
    PT 740 Slim SS .40 S&W
    Model 66B6 .357 Magnum
    Model 85SS2UL .38 Spl +P w/Hogue monogrip
    Some stuff that's not Taurus
    NRA, Ohioans for Concealed Carry, USCCA, Second Amendment Foundation

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links