What Shotguns Do You Guys Favour?? - Page 13
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: What Shotguns Do You Guys Favour??

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    1336 times
    Some photos.. I can't find a photo of my Lincoln No2, I'm sure there's a stock photo somewhere..
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by ManxTom; 03-21-2020 at 03:55 PM.
    TrucksNCoffee likes this.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8500 times
    I have a Mossberg 500 with a ATI shock absorbing collapsible stock and a Fire Sight green front sight, also a 300 Lumen light. I also have a single point sling. This is my home defence set up.

I have a XD-9 a S&W M&P switchblade and my carry flaslight. Now the best part my fully automatic 60lb hound dog that barks like a Wearwolf.

There's more tucked around the house but this is the first line of defense!😎
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8500 times
    I have a Mossberg 500 with a ATI shock absorbing collapsible stock and a Fire Sight green front sight, also a 300 Lumen light. I also have a single point sling. This is my home defence set up. &amp;lt;br&amp;gt;&lt;br&gt;<br>
    &amp;lt;br&amp;gt;&lt;br&gt;<br>
    I have a XD-9 a S&amp;amp;amp;W M&amp;amp;amp;P switchblade and my carry flaslight. Now the best part my fully automatic 60lb hound dog that barks like a Wearwolf. &amp;lt;br&amp;gt;&lt;br&gt;<br>
    &amp;lt;br&amp;gt;&lt;br&gt;<br>
    There's more tucked around the house but this is the first line of defense!😎
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by 45 Forever; 03-21-2020 at 06:09 PM.
    loudviking likes this.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3268 times
    Mossy Oak

Maloy

Name:  f718d56be572ff74ce091160a99d4f3a.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  60.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ManxTom View Post
    I quite agree. I'm just waiting for somebody to offer 'tactical leaf-pattern toilet paper..!! .
    ManxTom likes this.

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    1336 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maloy View Post
    Mossy Oak

Maloy

Name:  f718d56be572ff74ce091160a99d4f3a.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  60.1 KB
    Ah but is it scented..?? Anyway, I prefer Real Tree..
    TrucksNCoffee likes this.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Member #
    Liked
    1460 times
    I have a Yildiz TK 12 Gauge Single-Barrel Shotgun, shoots well however kicks like a mule especially using 1,600 FPS slugs.
    ManxTom likes this.
    RYRYRYRY
    "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country"

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32433 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyTom View Post
    I have a Yildiz TK 12 Gauge Single-Barrel Shotgun, shoots well however kicks like a mule especially using 1,600 FPS slugs.
    Secret is in the weight. My H&R 10 gauge weighs a bit over 9 lbs. A little slow on quail, but that ain't what I bought it for. It's plenty quick to the shoulder for a snow goose gliding into the decoys. It throws a very tight pattern of steel T shot. I get over 90 percent in a 30" circle at 40 yards. The recoil is stout, but far more pleasant than my Mossberg 535 with 3.5" 12s which weighs a bit over 7 lbs. That thing is a shoulder dislocater.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    1336 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    Secret is in the weight. My H&R 10 gauge weighs a bit over 9 lbs. A little slow on quail, but that ain't what I bought it for. It's plenty quick to the shoulder for a snow goose gliding into the decoys. It throws a very tight pattern of steel T shot. I get over 90 percent in a 30" circle at 40 yards. The recoil is stout, but far more pleasant than my Mossberg 535 with 3.5" 12s which weighs a bit over 7 lbs. That thing is a shoulder dislocater.
    I once had the displeasure of shooting an old 8 gauge side by side hammer gun. Loaded two cartridges, steadied myself and squeezed the trigger... BOOM...!! I broke open the action and removed the second cartridge and handed the gun back to its owner.. Never again, no Sir..!! I'll stick with 12g.

IF you would like to see a really nice gun check this website out:

https://www.longthorneguns.com/ these guns are unique as the barrels are made from one piece of steel, not two barrels joined..

I got to shoot one of their 'entry level' guns about 5 years ago. Beautiful gun, absolutely sublime.. at the time, yours for a snip of $26,000..!!

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    I have a Franchi AL-48 12ga. that just seems to fit me perfectly. I've shot others but always seem to come back to this.
    NativeTexan likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32433 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CatCam View Post
    I have a Franchi AL-48 12ga. that just seems to fit me perfectly. I've shot others but always seem to come back to this.
    I tried a Franchi O/U at a gun store when I was living in Corpus Christi. It was near perfect in fit for me, as close as I'd found to that date, but not quite there. I didn't get it it, waffled around about it. Well, a few years later after we'd moved up here, I was in an ag supply in El Campo. They had a Huglu built CZ "Redhead Delux"that, by golly, was perfect, absolutely perfect. It's in 20 gauge and is just sooooo sweet on doves and other upland game which was its intended purpose.

But, fit is very important in wing shooting and when you find a shotgun that fits well, it's a great thing.
    CatCam likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Sponsored Links