Finally got my Shockwave completed! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Finally got my Shockwave completed!

Member #
    Liked
    8768 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    Echoing Tuco's comments in post#16, the Shockwave has been out for a year and some and as long as the length of the barrel and overall length is not changed I think its A-Ok. Besides, wouldn't Mossberg already have cleared any NFA restrictions like that before they introduced it?

I understand that it is legal however all it takes is a local law enforcement that does not know the law to arrest you and a prosecutor that thinks its illegal and you will find yourseld defending and having to prove that it is legal so keep all the paperwork/ letters
    chefduane likes this.
    avatar is VA-34 Blue Blasters squadron insignia one of the many I wore from 1977-1998

Member #
    Liked
    5775 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vaskeet View Post
    I understand that it is legal however all it takes is a local law enforcement that does not know the law to arrest you and a prosecutor that thinks its illegal and you will find yourseld defending and having to prove that it is legal so keep all the paperwork/ letters
    Well now that is absolutely true. More than once has law enforcement being incorrectly informed about the legality/illegality of a weapon.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter U'cover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Rem 870 Exp 12g - Heritage RR .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phx HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    1274 times
    I like it congrats,i'm still debating if I want to buy me one.
    paulky_2000 likes this.

I am a Democrat that love my guns

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    709 times
    absolutely. I managed to get $300 for my shockwave. once i shot a KS7 i realized the shockwave made no sense. If the look bothers you, look at what you have to do to the shockwave(original poster pix) to try to replicate what the KS7 does as good or better in a smaller package. and if it's color you like, KelTec does a a nice variety molded in colors. and it's all factory stock, lifetime warranty.
    If you don't have a good regard for KelTec, just remember the "everybody knows" tarus reputation....

Quote Originally Posted by paulky_2000 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's a photo of a Kel-Tec KS7.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/shotguns/ks7/

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20636 times
    Meh, I'm holding out for a phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range.

(Y'all knew that was coming, right? I'm surprised it took this long.)
    Every man should own a fine firearm, a fine knife and a fine watch.

Member #
    Liked
    2434 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vaskeet View Post
    Personally, I have saved the paperwork for my Shockwave and keep the included copy of the letter from the ATF affirming the legality of the Shooting, so if a Police Officer and a the world's most inept prosecutor wants to subject themselves to the utter destruction of their reputation and basically provide me with an opportunity to uphold the second amendment and make other prosecutors and Gun Control advocates think twice about jumping at opportunities to prosecute citizens for selfish reasons without knowing what they're talking about, then I will gladly sit on that hotseat for the good of the constitution.

Honestly, more folks need to be willing to go to bat for reasons like these, and I for one would be happy to do so if necessary. I would love to serve my country in any way possible, and I could think of no better way than to show the corrupt, self-interested individuals who seem to think that the average second amendment supporting citizens are an easy target who can't possibly stand up to their nonsense that they are wrong and that the law isn't theirs to manipulate for their own selfish ambitions.

I will not refrain from exercising my rights out of fear of Barney Fife and Lionel Hutz ignorantly charging me with a nonexistent crime. On the contrary, I would be pleased to expose them for their gross incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by terryb View Post
    absolutely. I managed to get $300 for my shockwave. once i shot a KS7 i realized the shockwave made no sense. If the look bothers you, look at what you have to do to the shockwave(original poster pix) to try to replicate what the KS7 does as good or better in a smaller package. and if it's color you like, KelTec does a a nice variety molded in colors. and it's all factory stock, lifetime warranty.
    If you don't have a good regard for KelTec, just remember the "everybody knows" tarus reputation....
    Ugh! How didn't I recognize it as a Kel-Tec KS7?! I've seen them before!

Oh well, now I suppose I'll just have to buy a KS7 as my substitute for a M41A Pulse Rifle and keep my Shockwave handy...For close encounters.
    Last edited by Tuco_Ramírez; 01-17-2020 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Fixed a typo.
    BigBlue and paulky_2000 like this.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    28215 times
    I've only made some very minor modifications to my Shockwave. I added a Magpul foregrip, an extended safety, grip tape and the plug to allow the use of mini-shells. I'm very happy with it.
    paulky_2000 likes this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    3345 times
    Quote Originally Posted by terryb View Post
    I already have a KSG.....so the KS7 makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Name:  IMG_3203.JPG
Views: 36
Size:  1.20 MB

Name:  IMG_3202.JPG
Views: 35
Size:  1.25 MB

Qwiks draw likes this.
    If you're blue and you don't know where to go to, why don't you go where fashion sits......PUTIN ON A RITZ!!!

Member #
    Liked
    9034 times
    Fantastic looking Shockwave you have there. Outstanding job.

Member #
    Liked
    3345 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwiks draw View Post
    Fantastic looking Shockwave you have there. Outstanding job.
    Thank you, sir!!
    If you're blue and you don't know where to go to, why don't you go where fashion sits......PUTIN ON A RITZ!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links