Finally got my Shockwave completed! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Finally got my Shockwave completed!

Member #
    Liked
    264 times
    Looks like a great way to burn up shells lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    paulky_2000 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    19677 times
    That is a very intimidating wicked beast that you have there. I Like It.
    paulky_2000 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    8752 times
    all I will say is be very careful with the mods on a shockwave type gun as it is in such a gray area to begin with and even if it is legal you could end up spending a lot of money in court PROVING that it is not a short barrel shotgun that would require a NFA stamp
    BigBlue likes this.
    avatar is VA-34 Blue Blasters squadron insignia one of the many I wore from 1977-1998

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    465 times
    I like the way you think! I've kept my Shockwave pretty much stock with the exception of the CT Lasersaddle. Plus I did add the Opsol mini clip and loaded mine with the Aquila mini buckshot.

Can't go wrong either way.

Member #
    Liked
    705 times
    did a big redo in my 20 gauge shockwave and when it was all done, here is what it looks like!
    About same weight, same length, shoulder-able stock, real sight, can shoot shorty shells without an adapter and mix them with std shells. Only cost about $100 over initial shockwave purchase cost

Name:  ks7.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  3.96 MB

Member #
    Liked
    2431 times
    Guys, the Shockwave has been around for a couple of years now and most of the aftermarket accessories for it that are sold have been approved by the ATF, often featuring letters from the ATF (much like the Shockwave itself) which indicate that so long as the Shockwave remains 26" in over-all-length (with the brace fully extended) and isn't fitted with a vertical pistol grip or shoulder stock, it's classification as a non-NFA "Firearm" will remain unchanged.

So yeah, it's perfectly safe to modify the Shockwave so long as those guidelines are adhered to.

Quote Originally Posted by terryb View Post
    did a big redo in my 20 gauge shockwave and when it was all done, here is what it looks like!
    About same weight, same length, shoulder-able stock, real sight, can shoot shorty shells without an adapter and mix them with std shells. Only cost about $100 over initial shockwave purchase cost

*Jaw drops to the floor*

OH-NO! My inner nerd is being unleashed! GAAAAHHHH!!!

That reminds me of the M41A Pulse Rifle from ALIENS! I've wanted one all my life!

What parts did you use to construct that magnificent masterpiece?! TELL ME!
    chefduane likes this.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    That grip looks crooked, like it's not on correctly. Is that the right one?
    Pair of 431s

Member #
    Liked
    3271 times
    Quote Originally Posted by terryb View Post

I'm pretty sure that's a photo of a Kel-Tec KS7.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/shotguns/ks7/
    BigBlue likes this.
    If you're blue and you don't know where to go to, why don't you go where fashion sits......PUTIN ON A RITZ!!!

Member #
    Liked
    5694 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vaskeet View Post
    all I will say is be very careful with the mods on a shockwave type gun as it is in such a gray area to begin with and even if it is legal you could end up spending a lot of money in court PROVING that it is not a short barrel shotgun that would require a NFA stamp
    Echoing Tuco's comments in post#16, the Shockwave has been out for a year and some and as long as the length of the barrel and overall length is not changed I think its A-Ok. Besides, wouldn't Mossberg already have cleared any NFA restrictions like that before they introduced it?
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter U'cover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Rem 870 Exp 12g - Heritage RR .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phx HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    3271 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GerSan69 View Post
    That grip looks crooked, like it's not on correctly. Is that the right one?
    It sure is the right one. It's an Ergo grip on an Ergo adapter.......and it's definitely on correctly.
    If you're blue and you don't know where to go to, why don't you go where fashion sits......PUTIN ON A RITZ!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links