Ruger 10/22
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Ruger 10/22

Member #
    Liked
    10754 times

Ruger 10/22

Is anyone working on a custom 10/22 build, or anyone else thinking about doing a 10/22 build? Brownells now offers custom 10/22 receivers, in plain model, picatinny railed model and a take down model, and I am thinking about a build. I would like to hear anything anyone has to say about building one of these, and any experiences that anyone has to pass on about these.
    777Driver and BigBlue like this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31336 times
    Well sure ! I'm trying to do mine but its slow going. I will have to piece mine together a part at a time. I have a pretty plain jane 10/22, and the first thing I did was buy a new chrome trigger group for it. That seems to work great, so next I'll be looking at buying a bull barrel for mine. Since I went chrome on the trigger group, I'll probably buy a stainless bull barrel when I'm ready to do that. Then, the most important piece, IMO, is the stock. And, typically by far the most expensive. You can spend anywhere from $80 to well over $500 for a new stock. After that, a good scope, and you're pretty much in business.

Here is a must-see forum for 10/22 junkies.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    237 times
    I had a standard 10/22 with a Realtree camo pattern.

However, didn’t really it shoot it much. Then I acquired a Suppressor. I changed out my stock to a Magpul Hunter. I replaced the barrel to a fluted thread barrel. It has a one stage Timney Trigger. I replaced the recoil spring and recoil Rod. The only things I kept stock are the receiver and bolt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    GreenWolf70 likes this.
    Made for the very serious business of self-preservation - the 605 is built to the Taurus Zero Tolerance standard - in design, fabrication, fit and performance.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10639 times
    My "build" was fairly tame compared with the guys who post on Rimfire.com- Ultimate Builds:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...splay.php?f=13

A BX trigger group, a Volquartsen bolt release and somebody's extended magazine release lever, and a beautiful stock from Mikle's Stocks on eBay:

(Example). https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-22-Ruger....c100667.m2042

Here's "Before"-

Name:  IMG_1490.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  927.9 KB

And "After"-

Name:  IMG_1491.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  960.3 KB

And since I've posted these pix before, and since it's been asked, "No, that's not the baby's changing table they're on- Just a padded top storage chest!"

I picked that particular stock because it is able to be refitted for a bull bbl quite easily when I get the bug.
    Last edited by coopercdrkey; 09-02-2019 at 02:36 PM.
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "Actually that is a pistol in my pocket..... But I am glad to see you." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    I bought a 10/22 from my brother that was wearing a standard Ruger wood stock. I replaced the wood with the Magpul 10/22 synthetic stock and added a bipod to the built in accessory rail. My brother had installed a high end (I think) BSA scope which is more than enough for me and my bifocals. I added two pictures;

Name:  10_22 Magpul 1.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  94.3 KB

Name:  10_22 Magpul 2.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  90.4 KB
    Last edited by Tracker627; 09-03-2019 at 02:47 PM.
    airwrench likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    768 times
    I had thought about it hard but Ruger put the stainless steel 22" barrel in a fancy hard wood sportier stock on sale for $269. I put a bug scope on it. I'm hitting 3" clays on the 200yd berm with it and laughing like a schoolboy. I have less than $400 bucks in it. The 32 color reticle bug scope was a black Monday special from planet optics. Reg. $185 on sale $115 free shipping no tax.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3218 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coopercdrkey View Post
    My "build" was fairly tame compared with the guys who post on Rimfire.com- Ultimate Builds:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...splay.php?f=13

A BX trigger group, a Volquartsen bolt release and somebody's extended magazine release lever, and a beautiful stock from Mikle's Stocks on eBay:

(Example). https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-22-Ruger....c100667.m2042

Here's "Before"-

Name:  IMG_1490.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  927.9 KB

And "After"-

Name:  IMG_1491.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  960.3 KB

And since I've posted these pix before, and since it's been asked, "No, that's not the baby's changing table they're on- Just a padded top storage chest!"

I picked that particular stock because it is able to be refitted for a bull bbl quite easily when I get the bug.
    Man, looks pretty good to me! How's she shoot?
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10639 times
    Haven't had it out for a while, (shame on me), but it shot quite nicely given the cheap, (excuse me, fine inexpensive), scope I bought. We don't have access any the moment to a "range" greater than 30 yards or so, which is not much of a proving ground. I think all 10/22 owners will agree that the rifle is limited mostly by the shooter, and I would agree...
    taurustoter likes this.
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "Actually that is a pistol in my pocket..... But I am glad to see you." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Member #
    Liked
    1552 times
    Here's my upgraded 10/22. I've been thinking about building a new one from one of those Brownell receivers but I have other projects that I'm working on too so who knows how long it will be before I get around to doing it. Looking forward to your build.

Member #
    Liked
    10754 times
    Yup, I am thinking to catch the sales and acquire parts for the build, over time with no hurry. That is pretty much how I go about an AR build. I am trying to get a good idea of what works and what doesn't. I am thinking of a shrouded bull .920 barrel, either graphite or aluminium, or really anything lightweight. I am not looking to build a bench rifle, or a tactical rifle, but a hunter/plinker. But this is new and I am open to any information from those who have build one of these.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links