Ruger 10/22 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Ruger 10/22

Member #
    Liked
    590 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    How does it cycle standard velocity ammo?
    It does really well. I use standard velocity stuff to plink with and let the kids practice with. I haven't found a brand it doesnt like yet.
    Edited signature to fit guidelines....

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10682 times
    I agree. If I ever load up something "snazzy" it's for my enjoyment. The 10/22 couldn't care less...
    taurustoter likes this.
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "Actually that is a pistol in my pocket..... But I am glad to see you." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Member #
    Liked
    988 times
    I've been building my "Three Red Ruger .22s" set for over a couple years now and I'm almost finished: a Ruger Charger-10/22 SBR (with tax stamp) with PMACA chassis, Ruger SR22P, and Ruger Mk-IV. All red parts are anodized aluminum or Cerakoted metal or plastic, with the exception of the MK-IV grips--but I'm looking for a suitable anodized set of those. All 3 feature the same anodized-tube red-dot scope.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3252 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coopercdrkey View Post
    I agree. If I ever load up something "snazzy" it's for my enjoyment. The 10/22 couldn't care less...
    I've never ran standard velocity through mine...guess I need to try it.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    3252 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_22 View Post
    I've been building my "Three Red Ruger .22s" set for over a couple years now and I'm almost finished: a Ruger Charger-10/22 SBR (with tax stamp) with PMACA chassis, Ruger SR22P, and Ruger Mk-IV. All red parts are anodized aluminum or Cerakoted metal or plastic, with the exception of the MK-IV grips--but I'm looking for a suitable anodized set of those. All 3 feature the same anodized-tube red-dot scope.
    Damn! You sir, are a steely-eyed missile man!
    MR_22 likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    988 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    Damn! You sir, are a steely-eyed missile man!
    I may be a bit obsessive with my builds sometimes...

Member #
    Liked
    1334 times
    There's part of me that wants to do a ground up 10/22, but I already have two of the things!

GreenWolf70, MR_22 and once0217 like this.
    'Character is who you are in the dark'

'The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.'

Member #
    Liked
    10967 times
    Took my new collector series Ruger 10/22 out and fired it. I was surprised by how quiet it was shooting 40 grain Rem Thunderbolts. The bolt release is a PIA though and I am not happy with that stubby little mag release. Ordered off eBay a Ruger BX trigger a few weeks ago, along with a Tactical Solutions extended lever mag release, a Volquartsen auto bolt release plate, and a packet of rubber bolt buffer pins. Ruger stuck a $25 gift card in the box with my rifle, so I got the modular butt pad with the high cheek rest, which just came in. Went by the PX and they had Ruger 10/22 mags for $18 each so I bought 2 more.

I pulled the BX trigger apart and polished just about everything, replacing the bolt release plate with the Volquartsen and the mag release with the Tactical Solutions one. I also disassembled the OEM trigger and polished just about everything, setting the bolt release plate aside. I compared the Volquartsen plate with the stock plate and then filed away the difference in the hole that holds the bolt back. It took a couple of tries, but that plate now works just like the Volquartsen one, which is how Ruger should have designed it in the first place. Just so much better when you can lock the bolt back and then pull back on the bolt and it releases.

As far as I can tell, I can not find a part of the OEM trigger that looks any different than the parts in the BX. However, after installing both triggers and dry firing, the OEM trigger has more travel than the BX causing it to be a much harder trigger pull. It must be at least 5 pounds of pull, even after the polishing. And that BX is now somewhere between 2 and 3 pounds of pull. It is almost too light and with no takeup, you just have to think about pulling the trigger and it will fire. Not sure what I will do with the old trigger now, maybe see if I can fine tune it better, or maybe change some of the springs too.

I found a Vortex Eagle 1-6x24 that I picked up when they were on sale for $225, and some UTG rings with Picatinny QD mounts that were for an AR that work with the new high cheek piece. I will get some photos up in the next day or so.
    Last edited by GreenWolf70; 09-28-2019 at 10:02 PM.
    taurustoter likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    3505 times
    I want to get one and slap one of those M1 Carbine kits on it.
    GreenWolf70 and taurustoter like this.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."--Optimus Prime

œολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Member #
    Liked
    10967 times
    Try E Arthor Brown, they have all the information on required parts for the M1 Carbine tribute in one place

https://www.eabco.com/m1_carbine_ruger_1022_tribute.htm

They also have a Reisling tribute, but the info for it is kind of scattered around.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links