Ruger 10/22 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Ruger 10/22

Member #
    Liked
    1550 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    Yup, I am thinking to catch the sales and acquire parts for the build, over time with no hurry. That is pretty much how I go about an AR build. I am trying to get a good idea of what works and what doesn't. I am thinking of a shrouded bull .920 barrel, either graphite or aluminium, or really anything lightweight. I am not looking to build a bench rifle, or a tactical rifle, but a hunter/plinker. But this is new and I am open to any information from those who have build one of these.
    I've heard good things about the Whistle Pig Barrels for lightweight builds. You can get pretty fancy with their barrels too.

https://www.wpgbc.com/

Member #
    Liked
    10750 times
    I bookmarked their site. They have some pretty nice lightweight barrels that run an ounce per inch of barrel, that is not bad for a .920 bull barrel. Pricing is not too bad either.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    3207 times
    Quote Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
    Here's my upgraded 10/22. I've been thinking about building a new one from one of those Brownell receivers but I have other projects that I'm working on too so who knows how long it will be before I get around to doing it. Looking forward to your build.

Damn! Nice!
    morrcarr67 likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    586 times

Here's mine. It's an Archangel stock, Barska scope, BX trigger pack that measures right at 2.5lbs. An 18" KSA bull barrel and a bipod, which brand I cant remember right now. It'll shoot 3/4" groups at 100 yards with match ammo.
    Edited signature to fit guidelines....

Member #
    Liked
    10750 times
    Well, I just ordered the first piece, a Ruger BX trigger. Looking at a Brownells barreled action for $125 with a bull barrel, or $130 with the sporter barrel. May go over to Rural King and see if they still have their 10/22s on sale. Tempted to build the M1 Carbine look alike.
    texastaurusguy and BigBlue like this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    237 times
    Quote Originally Posted by once0217 View Post

Here's mine. It's an Archangel stock, Barska scope, BX trigger pack that measures right at 2.5lbs. An 18" KSA bull barrel and a bipod, which brand I cant remember right now. It'll shoot 3/4" groups at 100 yards with match ammo.
    That’s a beautiful build.

What ammunition are you using with it? Eley Tenex?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Instagram CDR_Glock
    once0217 likes this.
    Made for the very serious business of self-preservation - the 605 is built to the Taurus Zero Tolerance standard - in design, fabrication, fit and performance.

Member #
    Liked
    586 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    That’s a beautiful build.

What ammunition are you using with it? Eley Tenex?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Instagram CDR_Glock
    Thank you. And it likes Federal HV match the best so far
    CDR_Glock and taurustoter like this.
    Edited signature to fit guidelines....

Member #
    Liked
    10750 times
    I just ordered a Ruger Collector Series 10/22 from PSA who has them on sale for $200. I just got to looking at it and it has about 90% of the things I wanted, if I built one myself and at $200 I can not come close to building it. I will put the BX trigger in it and maybe a few other minor things, like an aftermarket mag release and bolt return. It comes with a $25 gift certificate from Ruger, so I may get a butt pad with the higher cheek pad. But I will be tweaking rather than a straight up build.....at this time.

Here is that rifle on sale at PSA
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/ruge...een-31115.html

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10638 times
    Super choice! And what a discount...

Everything we do to a 10/22 is a "tweak"- The weapon is one of the finest free standing rifles around. We can customize, accessorize, and supersize to our heart's content, (and to the limit of our wallet), and in the end it's a 10/22.

It's just our​ 10/22....
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "Actually that is a pistol in my pocket..... But I am glad to see you." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Member #
    Liked
    3207 times
    Quote Originally Posted by once0217 View Post
    Thank you. And it likes Federal HV match the best so far
    How does it cycle standard velocity ammo?
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links