Like Tree10Likes
  • 7 Post By evilavatar
  • 3 Post By evilavatar

Thread: Sks Modding

Member #
    Liked
    44 times

Sks Modding

So a while back I bought an sks with a seriously bad wood stock, mismatched parts, basically the mechanics were good and the aesthetics sucked. I’ve bubba’d the heck out of it and turned it into a pretty decent looking scout rifle.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Member #
    Liked
    4004 times
    Nicely set up for home defense, as well....that 7.62x39 packs a wallop in a relatively short rifle.
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/si...gpic4401_1.gif
    "Humans more important than hardware."

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    30991 times
    Very nice, I like what you've done. I've bubba-fied 2 SKS's and I hope I never get a hankering to do another. The first one was okay, but the second one was a cast-iron mother to get that pin out of the gas tube cover and I ended up buying a new gas tube cover assembly and just replacing the one I originally had. Works fine, I think the pin in that rifle was staked or something and that is by far the most difficult part about changing out the SKS stock for something else.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Yeah I have an extension and bought a nice looking little adjustable bipod for it too. Should be a fun plinker and EOTWAWKI/ self defense gun. I need to find a better mag for it, it came with a 30 steel mag which is ok, but doesn’t feed rounds well from my stripper clips. ( for some reason they go in fine, but the first round gets bound up and I have to remove the mag and reseat it to get it to feed right) Got a 5 rounder for hunting with it if I choose too. It came with the internal mag already removed, but I might consider going back to an extended internal mag, haven’t decided yet.

Base rifle was from my best estimate is a 1969 imported Chinese sks, stock is a tapco intafuse stock with a utg front quad rail hand guard. I forward mounted a Barska illuminated reticle long eye relief scope and pictured on the under side is the generic light and laser hard grip I mounted on it. Only complaint is it is a little front heavy which helps with recoil for repeat shots, but it gets a little tiring lol. I also made my own para cord 3 point sling that seems pretty nice, but I might have made it a little long.
    Last edited by william; 07-28-2019 at 05:49 PM. Reason: To conform to forum guidelines

Sponsored Links