swapped out a KAK Shockwave for a SB Tactical sba3 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: swapped out a KAK Shockwave for a SB Tactical sba3

Member #
    Liked
    10577 times
    I have absolutely no issues with the ShockWave, it does exactly what it was meant to do. There is not enough recoil in the 5.56mm, the .300BLK, or in the 9mm or the .40 S&W, or the ,45 Auto for that matter, to make the ShockWave a problem. It is very lightweight and it is adjustable, it is cheap, it does not break, and it functions as it is supposed to function. I have 2 of the ShockWaves, and an old Sig brace. If I had found the ShockWave before the Sig, I would have 3 ShockWaves. For function and value, it is hard to beat the ShockWave. If anyone feels they need more padding against recoil, why don't they spend the extra $250 and just pay for a SBR? No other pistol brace is worth 3 or 4 times the value of the ShockWave, and they certainly do not function that much better.
    Czechbikr likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    6988 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post

..I have fired a 12 gauge indoors, didn't kill me. It did quite kill the rat I was shooting at.

I am in awe. You da man!

Although I've never shot a rat with a shotgun indoors, there have been times I considered it. We must be kindred spirits.

Aim Small, Miss Small

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredward View Post
    But, over penetration has always been a concern with AR's for home defense. Dropping 400 FPS might not be a bad thing. That puts bullet speed at about,, what, 1500 FPS? Still a very fast pistol round.
    No it drops it from 3100 to about 2700 fps, depending on the bullet weight.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links