bluing 90% gone?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: bluing 90% gone??

Member #
    Liked
    10585 times
    There was a spray can of something labeled Lubricant, Dry Film, with a NSN, that we used to patch the worn spots on parkerized finishes in our arms room. If I remember it would temporarily cover the worn spot, but would be permanent if you baked it on. I have not seen any of this stuff since the mid 1980s, kept looking for it, but could not find it anywhere. I was told the AMU would spray down their competitive 1911s with it and bake it on, rather than parking the finish since it had lubricating properties. One of the guys who built the competitive 1911s for the Army Marksmanship Unit at Anniston Army Depot told me about it.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    7509 times
    I have used duracoat on an AK build and a 98 Mauser I rebarrelled, it is still holding up a decade later. I baked it on in the oven.
    jwc007 and loudviking like this.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

"I think our governments will remain virtuous for many centuries; as long as
    they are chiefly agricultural; and this will be as long as there shall be vacant
    lands in any part of America. When they get piled upon one another in large
    cities, as in Europe, they will become corrupt as in Europe."
    Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16458 times
    loudviking likes this.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links