Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: New Rifle Round

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    20818 times

New Rifle Round

Anybody shooting the new 350 Legend ? I wonder how it compares to the 357 Maximum.
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    19868 times
    Not being compatible with standard AR/5.56 Magazines has sort of dampened my enthusiasm for it.
    Yissnakk and william like this.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    720 times
    More about the Winchester .350 Legend

https://www.chuckhawks.com/win_350_legend.html
    Last edited by Fishinkeylargo; 07-11-2019 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Copyright Violation

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30637 times
    Interesting option for hunting. But, I have other rifles for that. I has it all over .357 magnum from a 20" barrel, though, and I've killed deer to 80 yards with my Rossi 92. It should be a good choice for pigs under 100 yards.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    30637 times
    This is the conundrum of the AR15 for me and lots of others. There's only so much you can do for power in the gun. .223 is really ideal, but it's no big game round, so folks either work with fancy controlled expansion bullets and hope for the best (like me), or they try something with more bullet/power like the .350 Legend, one of the more latest and greatest designs. They all have their drawbacks and no one has yet designed a .30-06 equivalent round for the gas impingement AR15 design. Oh, you can get a .308 in an AR10, but then you lose what I really like in the AR platform, the light weight, handy little carbine. It becomes something danged near as heavy as an M1A.

I've sorta quit looking for an upper for the M4 and am happy with my actual hunting rifles for hunting. I've decided the AR really isn't the best platform for that. I have a little Remington stainless Model 7 that weighs about the same as my M4 and fires a .308. THAT is my preferred hunting rifle. I could actually use that this fall on my elk hunt (if I get well enough to make it), but elk take a bit of killing, so I'll be using my heavier, but more deadly Savage 110 in 7mm Remington Magnum firing a 160 grain Nosler Partition. Though I've shot one deer with my M4, I don't use it as a hunting rifle. It's a political statement mostly and a lot of fun on my 100 yard gong target. I have gone out turkey hunting with it (legal here), but I've yet to take a turkey with it.
    olfarhors likes this.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    26120 times
    yea to each their own but until we start having Ninja Deer that are trained in Black opps I think the AR's will remain at home when it comes hunting time for me.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18835 times
    Yeah. No way I would ever consider my AR for hunting; just a 22 caliber running “bat outta hell” speed. I can use my AK and use a 30 caliber bullet instead!
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7519 times
    I've said it on other threads about the AR (for hunting) and the .350 "Legend" - if you want to hunt with the M4 platform, go either .450 Bushmaster or .458 Socom. They will get the job done. .300 Blackout is also a very valid option but is, for the most part, ballistically similar to the 7.62x39 unless you are suppressing and launching heavy bullets. My state has laws on how many rounds you can have in the gun and on your person so this rules out the higher capacity that the platform can support. With that in mind, there are certainly better platforms for hunting, with respects to accuracy, weight and cost (Savage Axis .308 Win, for example, can be had for just over $300 with optics).
    NativeTexan likes this.
    "To anger Conservatives, lie to them. To anger liberal, tell them the truth."
    -Fine! I said it! You happy, Troll!
    ...Snopes provides no evidence to the contrary

Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    No thanks. There are so many great, already well established and affordable, calibers out there for anything anyone would want to do. They say "is has less recoil than .30-30", well if you have an issue with .30-30's recoil, you need to not shoot and go home and get out your play dough.
    Yissnakk and NativeTexan like this.
    "The strongest tactical move is always the one in which you reap the highest gain, at the lowest cost."

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    30637 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbly View Post
    No thanks. There are so many great, already well established and affordable, calibers out there for anything anyone would want to do. They say "is has less recoil than .30-30", well if you have an issue with .30-30's recoil, you need to not shoot and go home and get out your play dough.
    Yeah, and don't even THINK about hunting geese with a 10 gauge or hunting bear with a .338 Win Mag.
    Nimbly and Yissnakk like this.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links