The Appleseed Project
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Appleseed Project

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

The Appleseed Project

I was wondering if anyone here had attended one of these rifle training courses? They look interesting and are inexpensive to boot. I think the parent organization is the Revolutionary War Veterans Association.

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Steelheart
    USCCA, NRA & GOA member http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ Basic Rifle Marksmanship with some neat history thrown in.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: The Appleseed Project

I would very much like to go to one. I'm signing up for the one in N.C.
    Ruger 10/22 in SS

Ruger Single Six, 22lr & 22mag, in SS

Taurus 669 SS, Tame the Bull Comp, .357

Taurus PT1911-1B1, Railed in Black

Taurus PT111, in black

AR15 Olympic Arms

Thompson Center, G2 rifle in .17 HMR

Ruger Vaquero, .357, case hardened finish

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

I've got ammo on order and am thinking about the session in Iowa as its only 4 hours away. Everything else is several hundred miles or more. I don't want to think what the fuel would cost me with my Jeep for one of those.

For me I'm hoping it'll be a needed refresher for BRM (Basic Rifle Marksmanship) from Basic (Army '99). Regardless I think it'll be fun.

If I can get some sights that I like I'll be bringing my 10/22 as a back-up rifle. I got a rough 25yd zero friday with my AR. Come January when all the hunting seasons are done I'll be trying to get a better zero done but what I have will work if need be. Also confirmed that the non-GI mags I got are not reliable. Glad I only got a couple, got many more new GI mags.

Steelheart
    USCCA, NRA & GOA member http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ Basic Rifle Marksmanship with some neat history thrown in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

I wanted to dredge up this thread to see if anyone else made it to one of the April 19th and 20th shoots this past weekend? There were 14 nation wide.

I was at the one in Searsboro Iowa and had a blast. Once I find more time I'll be posting an AAR.

Steelheart

Member #
    Liked
    319 times

So how did you do on your 500 yard targets? What does somthing like this cost?

NRA Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

The course was $70 plus range fees which at the Big Springs Range Complex in Searsboro Iowa were $5 per day. If you just showed up instead of registering in advance it was $80 plus range fees.

Short answer is I was doing fine on the simulated 400 yard targets but needed more work on the other distances due to time and position constraints.

I'm going to be working on a full AAR/review that I will add here.

For those of us in the upper Midwest, the next scheduled shoots are May in Wis. and June in Iowa. I recommend going and I will be going again. I just have to find time.

Steelheart

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I planned to make it to Searsboro, but my travel agent (dispatcher) had me on a circuitous route from Texas back to Iowa. AND!!! with all these members in Texas, not one of you offered to take me shooting! Oh, well, I was kinda busy.

TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times

I like their ideas. I'd like to go, but they have none close enough for me to consider. I think the Jackson, MS would be closer at 4-5 hours than the only TX site they have.

One day maybe ..

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

No, I never did find time to write up an AAR. Time is a luxury anymore.

I will add that the 2009 Schedule has begun. As they add more locations and dates they will be added to the list.

If you're worried about how everything is looking, learning to shoot better is something that might help.

Steelheart

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I'm trying to find one that's halfway close to me. I went to Searsboro in 2008, but it looks like it might be Oxford Kansas this year. It's well worth my $70 and 5 hours of driving (one way). In one weekend I went from having trouble putting holes in paper to an average score of 170 on the qualification test.
    Now, if only they had a handgun program as well...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links