Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Special Christmas surprise

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47745 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ice View Post
    Posted last night in somebody's Christmas gift thread about receiving 3 .22 rifles from my dad yesterday.. Had a chance this morning to really look at them and do some research. My great grandpa's is a Remington Sportmaster 512, made in 1941. Dad said it shoots perfect! My grandpa's is a Marlin model 60, didn't figure out the date on that one..Then Dad gave me his Browning BL-22 from 1978. He had also put a new scope on grandpa's Marlin for me. It was such an unexpected and awesome surprise. He said he thought it was time to pass them on.. He cried, I cried, was a very memorable moment, I will never forget! Best gifts ever!
    I think this is great, if it were me I would find a .22lr I liked and add it to the collection to pass down to one of my kids. 3 generations of rifles is one heck a tradition to continue. Not many people have that opportunity, I would love to have the opportunity to make it 4 generations of rifles to pass on.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12675 times
    Absolutely the best Christmas gift ever. Both the rifles and you and your Dad's special moment. Treasure him and go shoot some cans or varmints together.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    9194 times
    What a special Christmas!

Tex's grandfather passed out cases of ammo, but says he's hanging on to the guns he has left while he's still kicking.
    ice likes this.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
    ~George Washington

Taurus M85 .38 Special
    Taurus PT-22PLY
    Taurus 738 TCP
    Bersa Thunder Combat .380

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    780 times
    Congratulations on wonderful Christmas Gifts!

I wish I still had my 'hand-me-down' firearms. I was silly enough to trade them off as a callous youth or thoughtless young adult.

Member #
    Liked
    9171 times
    Nice. Treat them well and you will be passing them on to your kids or grandkids.
    I believe in gun control! Starting with a firm 2 handed grip....

Member #
    Liked
    2495 times
    Sadly my dad lost his gun's in a fire just 2 day's before the 9-11 attack. He passed in 2009, good to hear your story.

Member #
    Liked
    5926 times
    I have my Grandfather's Scoremaster 511 from 1944, cost him $12 new and is a tack driver to this day. You can't find that type of quality anymore without dropping a decent chunk of change today. Enjoy those guns, those are the kind of hand-me-downs I love getting.
    "I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links