I don't believe what I just did...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: I don't believe what I just did...

Member #
    Liked
    12325 times

I don't believe what I just did...

I went over to the LGS to poke around, and came home with a Glock 30SF. What's really strange is that I'm no Glock lover. But this thing just kind of called to me. Yes it's a big brick - but strangely enough it fits in the same kydex/leather hybrid that I carry my PT145 in. And fat as it is, I think it may even conceal a little better. Weird.

I originally had been thinking about the 30S, but now I'm thinkin' I made a better choice with the fat slide. More mass should equal less felt recoil, and I don't seem to be paying any perceivable concealment penalty.

And I don't like Glock triggers with the little safety dohicky - which is really weird when it was the feel of the trigger that sold me on this pistol - that and the way it felt in my hand and pointed. And the ultimate weirdness is this - the looks are starting to grow on me. I better go check my temperature - I MUST be coming down with something.

I'm really looking forward to getting this fat little fella to the range for a workout. I'm really wondering what another 1/2" of barrel with octagonal rifling is going to do to the muzzle velocity and accuracy vs. my PT145. I'm also anxious to find out if the 30 is as soft a shooter as everyone says it is.

And I know you folks want to see pics - even though we're talking about a Glock and they ALL look the same. Here's mine -

I do like Glock sights, and these are real easy to pickup...

I like the way the Glock extractor is made too. It's similar to a Para Power Extractor or the like, and that type of extractor tends to throw pretty consistent patterns. My PT145 will aim the odd piece of brass at my forehead, and I'm hoping this one won't have that issue. We'll see...

And I have to admit - it's an intimidating little fella on the business end.

But even after all that, I still can't believe I bought a Glock.
    Wolf1477, FZ1, darbo and 7 others like this.
    "The marksman aims primarily at himself"
    - Zen saying

Member #
    Liked
    10928 times
    LOL, I made a holster for a Glock 30 for a friend of mine and I remember that at 1.5" that slide was the thickest I had ever made a holster for.

dbeardslee and darbo like this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    2877 times
    Congrats on your gun! I also bought my first Glock about a month ago. One reason and possibly the only reason was the caliber not being offered by many others. It does shoot nice but I also noticed how everyone talks about how Hi-Points are heavy and ugly. I am sorry but my Glock 20 loaded is heavy and I honestly don't think it looks too much better than a Hi-Point. The holster I got for it keeps the barrel a little above where my PT145 rides so other than a little frame printing, I don't have any worries about it playing peekaboo under my shirt
    dbeardslee likes this.
    ‘‘It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.’’ - Justice Robert H. Jackson

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    35207 times
    I'm not a Glock fan here, but at least you got it in .45!

(Teasing aside) I've had those purchases before. I go innocently looking ... then the enabler behind the counter takes a firearms out of the case... I end up buying it! Enjoy it, let us know how she shoots!
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    12325 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    LOL, I made a holster for a Glock 30 for a friend of mine and I remember that at 1.5" that slide was the thickest I had ever made a holster for.
    As with all the holsters you make - I like it! I was pretty amazed when it fit in my PT145's holster - maybe it's because the leather gives a little on the back, but it fits just as well as the PT145 does. When I hold them next to each other the Glock is obviously fatter, and it's longer. The length doesn't affect the concealability much, and for whatever reason is hides just as well as my PT145. Which kind of has me scratching my head.
    - Zen saying

Member #
    Liked
    19545 times
    Congrats on the new pistol!
    dbeardslee likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2044 times
    Very nice! I wasn't a Glock fan either.... until I got one.
    dbeardslee likes this.
    Old age isn't for sissy's!!
    Don't give up the ship!! Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry!!
    Due to the rising cost of ammo. A warning shot will NOT be fired!!

Ohio CHL holder
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    25802 times
    You brought home a winner IMHO! You might get a touch more velocity with 1/2" more barrel. The stock sights are pretty good - I have added a fiber optic front on 2 of mine. They are great action shooting guns - tough and dependable AND you are going to LOVE the mag prices if things ever settle down. Botach Tactical sells (sold) them for $22 each shipped. Mark at Summit sells new and used (LEO turn ins) - those can be $12-15 each. You want to stop loading at the range or shoot a natch without having to reload - you can collect enough mags to do that. Not something you can say about a lot of guns! Grats - send a range report - shoot 'em side-by-side. Got a chrono? Bench them for accuracy.

Post more when you have it!
    dbeardslee likes this.
    If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
    .................................................. ...........................................
    Noam Chomsky

Member #
    Liked
    12325 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    Very nice! I wasn't a Glock fan either.... until I got one.
    I've shot them before, but I never owned one. Never wanted to before this afternoon.
    TexasAviator likes this.
    - Zen saying

FZ1
    Member #
    Liked
    337 times
    I think you are gonna like it...a lot. I too just picked one up last month. A Gen 3 Glock 30. Have already added the extended slide stop, Meprolight Tru-Dot sights, and Pachmayr Tactical grip.

Best part about the things is you can take em completely down with just a small punch and they are 1911 simple. They are the AK-47 of handguns.

That's at around 8yrds 10 rounds. The trigger is simple and sweet.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Guns only have two enemies: rust and politicians.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links