Picked up my Kel-Tec PF9!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Picked up my Kel-Tec PF9!!!!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    1746 times

Picked up my Kel-Tec PF9!!!!!!!

Well, as promised, I picked up my new-to-me Kel-Tec PF9 yesterday. So good to have it home! It still needs a good cleaning, but I hope to be able to get out and shoot it soon. I am so happy with my purchase. Can't believe that I got it for $180. To me, that seems like a good price. In addition, I picked up a neat Uncle Mike's pocket holster as well.

BTW, thanks to everyone for giving advice on the other thread pertaining to this pistol. I do have one question for y'all though. How tight is the frame to slide fit on your PF9s? Mine seems a little loose. Not terrible by any means, but I was just curious. I don't think it will affect performance. Plus I have handled much higher-priced poly pistols that rattle like a bucket of bolts!

HE thinks, therefore I am! <><

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4258 times
    Congratulations on the KelTec PF9. A good buddy of mine had one, and loved it, and bragged about it and recommeded it for CC, until he bought a Ruger LC9.

I fired his PF9 a few times, and personally I didn't care for it. Too much caliber in too light of a gun IMO. I have a Taurus 709 and the Ruger LC9 that I like. I also have a KelTec P11 that is a little larger and easier to handle.

No matter, from what I have and what I hear, KelTec makes a good product.
    Why has the world gone to hell since John Wayne died?

Help save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered.

"If the federal government could control anything, I could probably listen to that gibberish, but when they do such a horrible job in controlling spending, borrowing, controlling illegal drugs and illegal aliens coming into this country while they give AK-47s to Mexican drug lords through Fast and Furious, I don’t see much hope in them even beginning to control guns."

Member #
    Liked
    1300 times
    I like a little bit of lose fit on guns like that. They are made to be carried and carry guns get lint, dirt, grit, and all sorts of other crud in them. A little rattle in a gun like that will keep them from locking up on a bit here or there in them. Think about how old GI 1911's used to be. They ran like Timex's in the mud and worse and only become jam-o-matics when people make them tight for accuracy on paper. I think of the PF9 as a serious caliber last ditch defense gun that doesn't come close to breaking the bank. You can't buy better for that same price. They weren't made to be range guns and it bugs me when people demand more from a gun than it was made to give you. Dang it, now I need to get one too...
    It's a trick... Get an axe...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    758 times
    You did great RF at $180. The slide on my previous one was a tad loose but did not effect performance at all. If you go to Ktog and or call Keltec you can check the manufacturer date to see when it was built. Mine is almost NIB so the slide is fairly tight still. If you go to the Keltec sight you can check out the parts. You can rebuild that gun from the ground up if you want. A new blued slide is $80 and new receiver with parts incl is about $34, new barrel $95, the rest of the parts are nominal. They recently came out with a +1 round grip extension which is tremendous. If you like your pinky on the grip it gets it back on there and one extra round to boot. The Hogue jr hand-all is not a bad idea if you have med lg-to lg hands. Some people melt the bottom (hook) of the trigger back for more room in the trigger guard area. If you ever shot a P11 you'll note a really stiff trigger the PF-9 albeit has the longer D/A pull has a 5# trigger which is real nice. There is a little play within the first few millimeters but "hay it ain't a Kimber".The reset on these is great as well. Once you're used to it the trigger stages nicely. The felt recoil is snappy but train with it and it will become second nature. At least it did for me however I tend to be a recoil junky so I like it. As they told me at Keltec when I called there to trying to figure out my first one, get out there and shoot it allot. I will probably try to put 50-100 per session. On my first one I put 200-300 per session and developed some tough hands LOL.
    RevolverFan likes this.
    Where Gods Spirit is Liberty Abounds!
    ---AdesteAnimo

Member #
    Liked
    453 times
    I still have no decided if I want a .22 conversion or not. For just a small amount more get a whole new gun. But Twisted industries has a conversion for both the pf9 and the p11. I have not tried these so I cant testify to their reliability, just putting the info out.
    Twisted Industries, Inc. -KelTec 22 Conversion Kits- PF9 P11 P32 P3AT
    RevolverFan and AdesteAnimo like this.

Member #
    Liked
    119 times
    Congrats!

Thats a great price!

Member #
    Liked
    1245 times
    Congrats, RF!! Glad we could help, LOL...

Member #
    Liked
    1746 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AdesteAnimo View Post
    You did great RF at $180. The slide on my previous one was a tad loose but did not effect performance at all. If you go to Ktog and or call Keltec you can check the manufacturer date to see when it was built. Mine is almost NIB so the slide is fairly tight still. If you go to the Keltec sight you can check out the parts. You can rebuild that gun from the ground up if you want. A new blued slide is $80 and new receiver with parts incl is about $34, new barrel $95, the rest of the parts are nominal. They recently came out with a +1 round grip extension which is tremendous. If you like your pinky on the grip it gets it back on there and one extra round to boot. The Hogue jr hand-all is not a bad idea if you have med lg-to lg hands. Some people melt the bottom (hook) of the trigger back for more room in the trigger guard area. If you ever shot a P11 you'll note a really stiff trigger the PF-9 albeit has the longer D/A pull has a 5# trigger which is real nice. There is a little play within the first few millimeters but "hay it ain't a Kimber".The reset on these is great as well. Once you're used to it the trigger stages nicely. The felt recoil is snappy but train with it and it will become second nature. At least it did for me however I tend to be a recoil junky so I like it. As they told me at Keltec when I called there to trying to figure out my first one, get out there and shoot it allot. I will probably try to put 50-100 per session. On my first one I put 200-300 per session and developed some tough hands LOL.
    Thanks for the advice y'all -- especially AA! I can't wait to put some rounds down range!
    HE thinks, therefore I am! <><

Member Emeritus 1946-2018
    Member #
    Liked
    27597 times
    Congrats on getting a nice pistol for a really good deal!

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served
    US Army / Army Reserve / Mississippi State Guard

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32209 times
    Nice ! Congrats on the new 9mm pistola !
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links