Page 7 of 217 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree4348Likes

Thread: Show Off Your Other Handguns

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Re: Show Off Your Other Handguns

Quote Originally Posted by streetscraper1
    So how did it come into your possession if you dont mind me asking.. 
    Okay....

My Father-in-Law passed away as I was flying back home on emergency-leave from Iraq, so I didn't have a chance to talk to him at all or say goodbye.  After the memorial was finished and a few days before I had to fly back to Iraq, my Mother-in-Law asked me if I'd like to have Jim's AK-47; a while ago he had told her that if she thought I'd like the SLR, I could have it (silly man )......  She just didn't know where it was. 

Prior to his health taking a turn for the worse, they had moved from their old house to a new one, and most everything was still packed in moving boxes & piled up throughout the place.  So while in the process of going through his stuff and collecting all his old memorabilia & records, we kept an eye out for the SLR as well.  But it wasn't in any of the places where he normally used to keep his firearms and so Linda said that he might've even sold it, as he had sold all of his other guns.  But if she found it hidden somewhere, she'd save it for me.  Ok, cool.

Two days prior to my fly-out date, I was woken up early, and I had been in the middle of a dream.  Know how if you're interrupted from having a dream, it's still really vividly clear for a little while? 
    Well, I could remember that in my dream, I had woken up and walked into the kitchen for my morning cigarette & coffee.  After getting them, I decided that it'd be a good thing to clean & oil the AK before leaving for Iraq, since I had no idea how long it'd been since the last time it'd been cleaned, and I didn't know how long it'd be before I got a chance to handle it again.
    One whole corner of the livingroom was taken up by boxes of household goods unpacked from the move, and I dreamt that I had been told which box the AK was in, so I climbed over the pile and opened a large wardrobe box.  The SLR's case was behind some hanging clothes; I pulled it out, found the cleaning kit, and sat down on the couch to watch some TV and clean the rifle.

The dream was so clear & fresh in my memory, I could still remember which box the rifle was in from my dream.  I didn't give it much more thought because I figured that Jim had indeed sold it, so I again went into the kitchen for coffee (in real life ).
    But as I sat with my coffee & watched TV while still waking up, the reality of the dream kept nagging at me, and I kept getting an urge to look in that particular large wardrobe box.  Finally, I couldn't stand it anymore and gave in to curiosity.  I thought that at the most I'd find the Jim's SLR camera & tripod that we couldn't find either; so when I opened the box and reached inside, I was confused because what I felt didn't feel like a tripod bag.  So I pushed the clothes aside and pulled out the object. 

It was a rifle case.  And inside was Jim's SLR-95.....  heavy, man....  heavy.

As soon as I saw it, I got a huge chill & goose-bumps all over my arms when it finally registered that my dream had been absolutely correct.  So I looked further in the box and found the range-bag & cleaning kit at the bottom.  I pulled those out as well, sat down on the couch, and started cleaning the rifle.

When my Wife woke up and came into the livingroom, she was surprised to see that I had the SLR because she too had thought that her Dad had sold it.  She asked me how I found it, and I told her about the dream.  Linz told me that I had to tell her Mom about the dream when she got up.  Linda woke up a little while later and was dumbfounded that I had located the rifle amongst the piles of boxes, and that Jim hadn't sold it.  So I let her in on the dream, and she got all pale and started to cry a little bit.

Evidently just before Jim passed away, he had told her that if there was something after, he'd let her know that he'd gotten to wherever he was going.  Linda was positive that my dream was Jim's way of fulfilling that promise.

I'm not normally a believer in paranormal kinda stuff & the afterlife, but I gotta admit....  that dream being true and me finding the rifle was just a little beyond what my skepticism could dismiss.  The wardrobe box wasn't something that I had noticed prior to the dream, as it was really buried amongst other boxes & pushed all the way into a corner.  And not only did I dream about just the rifle being in the box, but the cleaning kit which was also really there.

Ya'll may think that I'm just blowing smoke, but I swear scout's-honor, on whatever saints, dead presidents, and the grave of Jim Morrison that how I came into possession of that SLR is the real-deal.  And that rifle isn't just an inherited rifle....  it's got wampum-big juju for me, and I'll never let it go.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31860 times

One of my faves. I've adorned it a bit. Very accurate Ruger in .45 Colt.

Sekol likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7198 times

Amazing revolver you got there.
    NRA Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

Here's my Kel Tec trifecta. The P11, PF9, & P3AT

Next is the Berreta 92FS, Ruger P85, & Browning Buckmark

Rock River AR

The groundhog getter, Marlin 17HMR

Last, but not least, Marlin 39A Golden

diesel3 likes this.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...832F1D58FE.jpg
    Ironic isn't it that the only people on the planet that fear Obama (or at least what he might do) are American citizens.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times

steve

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

A few of the others.
    Beretta USA 96 and Italian 92

Kimber Custom II NRA Freedom Warrior (Waiting to sell, so I haven't shot it yet).

Ruger MKII

Member #
    Liked
    115 times

Cz P-01 in Gander Mountain Limited Edition livery. It's NATO approved.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times

Here's my S&W Model 28 conversion to .44 Spl. using a 624 snubbie bbl w/ David Clements expertise. I have a SC CWP and it rides w/ me in the passenger seat back pocket. I feel very safe w/ Skelton loads, 7.5 Unique behind a 250 gr LSWC. Wish I could shoot these in my 445.
    "You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish"

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33997 times

That's very nice indeed Mike!
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

From left, my Smith & Wesson Model 59 (c. 1977-7, Bersa .380 Thunder Concealed Carry, Bersa Thunder 9mm Ultra Compact.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 7 of 217 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links