New Firearm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: New Firearm

Member #
    Liked
    1913 times

New Firearm

Well not really but the ATF considers it a firearm. I going the Form 1 route on a suppressor, Form 1 wait times are averaging 3-5 weeks vs Form 4 which were 9-12 months which are probably even longer now with all the panick buying. I am building a suppressor for my Bergara B 14 HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor. I have ordered all of the parts, went with quality Titanium and heat treated stainless, did not go with the solvent trap kits that many use as they are only good for rimfire. I have my Form 1 sitting in que in the ATF Eforms which I will file this evening, didn't want to submit Form 1 without first having at least the tube so I would have overall length, avoiding having to amend and delay the Form 1

Member #
    Liked
    457 times
    Sent one off in June and got my approval 23 days later.

Sent 2 more off the 17th of this month. Hoping for similar results.

My first one was a form 4 silencer I bought April 2011, Took 106 days from pending.

Next ones were 2 form 1's to SBR a couple AR lowers. Sent the paper work in December 2011. Took 155 days from pending.

Since the wait times are so great, and may not last. I'm thinking about getting a stamp for my Mossberg Shockwave.

The police station that does my fingerprint cards may start to wonder about me thou. Already had 3 sets done in 5 weeks.
    oso likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1913 times
    I did my own fingerprints, local police do fingerprinting but charge to much. You can buy a ink pad and ATF fingerprint cards for $9

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    457 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oso View Post
    I did my own fingerprints, local police do fingerprinting but charge to much. You can buy a ink pad and ATF fingerprint cards for $9
    Yeah, but I thought it would look better if the cards had the signature of the LEO that took the prints, and stamped with their office info on the back of the cards.

I wish they would accept scanned prints.

The office that does mine charges $14.00 a pair for the prints. The ATF will send you all the cards you want free.

Member #
    Liked
    1913 times
    I submitted my Form1 through eForms wed. evening, mailed off finerprint cards thurs. and also dropped off copy to CLEO. Now it is wait for the stamp. I did receive my tube and end cape from Maverick Precision, I went with the Talon 8" 1.625" tube, waiting for muzzle brake, tapered connector, cones and spacer material to arrive. I can get my tube engraved will all ATF required info while waiting.

Member #
    Liked
    457 times
    I submitted my Form1 through eForms wed. evening, mailed off finerprint cards thurs. and also dropped off copy to CLEO. Now it is wait for the stamp. I did receive my tube and end cape from Maverick Precision, I went with the Talon 8" 1.625" tube, waiting for muzzle brake, tapered connector, cones and spacer material to arrive. I can get my tube engraved will all ATF required info while waiting.
    You mailed the CLEO a pending copy of a form 1?

I mailed mine a copy of my stamped eform 1 after I received it last month, will do the same with the 2 I have pending now.

I bought this 9mm kit. Probably get it and the stamp around the same time. Also bought the booster so I can use it on my CZ Scorpion S1, or any of my 9mm pistols.

I emailed the ATF to make sure the serial number I wanted to use was cool, and to make sure I didn't have to have a model # engraved on the can.

Quietbore is engraving mine.

https://www.quietbore.com/product/9mm-solvent-trap/

Member #
    Liked
    1913 times
    Yes, I used the "ask an expert" tab in the ATF eForms and was told that the copy I had that had DRAFT across all pages could be used as CLEO copy. Right now I am still in the "pending research" stage as I chose to pick my own model # and not use one in the data base, I know you don't have to have a model #. Once I receive a permanent control number once my form is removed from pending research I will then have the tube engraved.

Member #
    Liked
    1913 times

Member #
    Liked
    1913 times
    I have all the parts to build my suppressor now I am waiting on ATF to approve NFA stamp.

Name:  20200730_122210.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  3.72 MB
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    457 times
    I have all the parts to build my suppressor now I am waiting on ATF to approve NFA stamp.
    You using some kind of spacer to keep the baffles apart?

I'm using the K baffles in mine.

Last edited by WooD; 07-31-2020 at 09:41 AM.
    oso likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links