First 100 review of the Tisas Zigana PX9 9mm duty pistol or is it an XD?
Like Tree14Likes
  • 8 Post By silverstring
  • 2 Post By DWARREN123
  • 2 Post By jwc007
  • 1 Post By lee n. field
  • 1 Post By Bellows1

Thread: First 100 review of the Tisas Zigana PX9 9mm duty pistol or is it an XD?

Member #
    Liked
    12480 times

First 100 review of the Tisas Zigana PX9 9mm duty pistol or is it an XD?

Name:  P1030863b.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  704.7 KB
    The new Zigana PX 9 has started to roll in again, and I found this one on my LGS shelf. In fact it was the only new pistol he got in this week. Leave it to me to take his only new item before he had a chance to sell it to another customer. I was interested because not only does it look like a Springfield XD service, but the price was $300 out the door. This pistol comes in a nice plastic case, with a decent paddle holster, 2-15 round magazines, Cleaning tools, speed loader, lock, 3 back straps and paperwork. The Zigana mags are interchangeable with Sig 226 magazines.
    Name:  P1030854B.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  738.9 KB
    My PX9 is the second version of this pistol to come out of the Trabzon factory in Turkey. It is basically a HS2000 clone without the grip safety and the trigger dingus. The trigger is listed as a single action affair, and the pull weight on mine is 3lbs 7oz's with a 1/4" reset. It has a smooth pull to an average wall and a crisp break with an audible reset. The unloaded weight with mag is 29.7oz's, with 15+1 it is 36.1oz's. As you can see from the breakdown picture above it has very similar internals to the HS2000/XD.
    Name:  P1030857B.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  793.1 KB
    I had to add grip tape, because I felt the plastic grip texturing was too slippery. The slide is 1.04" wide, at the frame controls it is 1.39" wide. The PX-9 is 7 1/4" long, 5 1/2" tall, and has an ambi frame safety.The safety, slide lock and take down lever are well serrated and blend in well to the side of the frame. I had no issues with any of the controls while shooting. The magazines fly out with authority.
    Name:  P1030859B.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  496.4 KB
    The rear sight is a serrated steel notch type of sight. The front is a small tritium sight that is steel and mounted via dovetail and pinned in place. I put a small ring of yellow around it to help my target acquisition. The barrel has excellent rifling and the feed ramp was polished from the factory. It has a captured dual recoil system that is steel. The trigger is wide, smooth and very comfortable.
    Name:  P1030862B.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  732.2 KB
    The accuracy falls between a full size XDM and XD. Pretty decent for a sub 300 dollar gun. The target was shot at 15 yards. The guide rod/spring is quite heavy and will not cycle my 950FPS 115grn reloads. But ran all my other reloads and factory hollow points like a champ. I guess to me what makes this pistol remarkable is the price and all the assorted stuff it comes with. The provided paddle holster is type 2 retention, and uses a finger release set for trigger finger activation. The holster is very well made, unlike the crud that comes with Sig's and Springfield's. The PX-9 doesn't know it is a low rent outcast, and performs on par with Springfield's best poly wollies. For the price you can't go wrong with this model of Tisas's Zigana 9mm. Thanks for reading and get out there, warm up those ignored beauties.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    The pistols from Turkey seem to have strong RSA and are accurate.
    silverstring and jtg452 like this.
    Shut up and reload!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    24068 times
    Very Nice! Congratulations and may it serve you well!

I could get interested in a Zigana PX-9 over an XD or XDM, due to the lack of the Grip Safety and Trigger Safety Lever.
    The grip shape of the PX-9 looks comfortable, too!

I've been fairly impressed by even the least expensive of the Turkish made Pistols and believe they offer an excellent value for the price paid.
    I love my Turkish made Cz Clones and my Canik TP9 (Walther P99 Clone).
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstring View Post
    Name:  P1030863b.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  704.7 KB
    The new Zigana PX 9 has started to roll in again, and I found this one on my LGS shelf. In fact it was the only new pistol he got in this week. Leave it to me to take his only new item before he had a chance to sell it to another customer. I was interested because not only does it look like a Springfield XD service, but the price was $300 out the door. This pistol comes in a nice plastic case, with a decent paddle holster, 2-15 round magazines, Cleaning tools, speed loader, lock, 3 back straps and paperwork. The Zigana mags are interchangeable with Sig 226 magazines.

My PX9 is the second version of this pistol to come out of the Trabzon factory in Turkey. It is basically a HS2000 clone without the grip safety and the trigger dingus. The trigger is listed as a single action affair, and the pull weight on mine is 3lbs 7oz's with a 1/4" reset. It has a smooth pull to an average wall and a crisp break with an audible reset. The unloaded weight with mag is 29.7oz's, with 15+1 it is 36.1oz's. As you can see from the breakdown picture above it has very similar internals to the HS2000/XD.

I had to add grip tape, because I felt the plastic grip texturing was too slippery. The slide is 1.04" wide, at the frame controls it is 1.39" wide. The PX-9 is 7 1/4" long, 5 1/2" tall, and has an ambi frame safety.The safety, slide lock and take down lever are well serrated and blend in well to the side of the frame. I had no issues with any of the controls while shooting. The magazines fly out with authority.

The rear sight is a serrated steel notch type of sight. The front is a small tritium sight that is steel and mounted via dovetail and pinned in place. I put a small ring of yellow around it to help my target acquisition. The barrel has excellent rifling and the feed ramp was polished from the factory. It has a captured dual recoil system that is steel. The trigger is wide, smooth and very comfortable.

The accuracy falls between a full size XDM and XD. Pretty decent for a sub 300 dollar gun. The target was shot at 15 yards. The guide rod/spring is quite heavy and will not cycle my 950FPS 115grn reloads. But ran all my other reloads and factory hollow points like a champ. I guess to me what makes this pistol remarkable is the price and all the assorted stuff it comes with. The provided paddle holster is type 2 retention, and uses a finger release set for trigger finger activation. The holster is very well made, unlike the crud that comes with Sig's and Springfield's. The PX-9 doesn't know it is a low rent outcast, and performs on par with Springfield's best poly wollies. For the price you can't go wrong with this model of Tisas's Zigana 9mm. Thanks for reading and get out there, warm up those ignored beauties.
    Interesting.

The XD's trigger is single action, so you really ought to have something for a safety. Trigger dingus + grip safety, or something manual.

Folks "on the Innernet" complain about the XD's "spongy" trigger. I have never found it so, unless I'm sitting there slowly dry firing, when I feel each separate phase of the pull. (dingus, slack, disable striker block, release sear) In use, one crisp click.

I wonder about the licensing and intellectual property. Who did what? I also suspect the original XD will be going away soon, at least from Springfield.
    silverstring likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4191 times
    The Turks are making some very nice guns, many of them "copies" of other guns on the market. (Walther, S&W, HK..)

I like the ones which have interchangeable mags with other guns, 226 mags I have a bunch of.

Unfortunately, they don't seem to make them in large numbers. The HP clones sold very well two years ago, now you can't find one.

Congrats on your new gun, I like it.
    silverstring likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links