I made another telephone gun buy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: I made another telephone gun buy

Member #
    Liked
    6942 times

Thumbs up I made another telephone gun buy

My LGS called today to say he received a shipment of new guns on Friday and since I am still self quarantined he wanted to see if there was anything I would be interested in. The list included a half dozen S&W and Ruger revolvers, assorted shotguns and rifles, the usual assortment of synthetic semi auto handguns and four 1911s. The 1911s were a Ruger .45, a kimber .45, and two RIAs, a 9mm and a .22 magnum.

Well, I have been looking for this particular Kimber for a while so I had to say yes please.

It is a Kimber Stainless Steel Raptor II target in .45 acp. When I finally get down to the shop I will pick it up with the 7 others I have bought and he is holding for me. I am really looking forward to that!

I don't have a pic yet but here is a stock photo from Kimber...

Don

Name:  stainless-raptor-ii_1 (1).png
Views: 46
Size:  296.4 KB
    Last edited by BangBang; 06-27-2020 at 08:11 PM.
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Member #
    Liked
    236 times
    That looks great! We'll need full pics of all of these when you finally get your hands on them.
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.
    PT22, 85 Poly, 865, 605, M44.... what's next?!

Member #
    Liked
    256 times
    That right there when they first came out had my eye, I really wanted one but never did pull the trigger, as it were. Love the unique look of that line. Though my memory says the slide scales were a little different in the original offering, maybe I misremember the older pictures.

Hope it is most excellent in person, enjoy it, report results please

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    222 times
    Just left my lgs and he had 2 of the Raptors and not anything else. No ammo 9mm, .380, .38, 10mm, .40 or .45acp. He had set aside some 5.7x28 for me.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1496 times
    Your LGS is holding 8 guns for you?
    Does he charge you a storage fee?

Member #
    Liked
    6942 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 777Driver View Post
    Your LGS is holding 8 guns for you?
    Does he charge you a storage fee?

I bought four of them from him (one of them was a used gun), and four of them online and he received them for me. He doesn't charge me a storage fee, a transfer fee, or an FFL fee. I have been a friend/customer of his for years. Between buying guns, ammunition, and other stuff from him I spend a lot of money with him a year. If I buy a gun on line it is only because I ask him first for the gun and if he can't get it I look on-line.

I trust him and when I buy from him I don't haggle his prices. I also don't care what the big box stores charge for the gun I'm buying from him.

I guess we just have a good relationship.

Don
    JimmyA and TrucksNCoffee like this.
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45417 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    My LGS called today to say he received a shipment of new guns on Friday and since I am still self quarantined he wanted to see if there was anything I would be interested in. The list included a half dozen S&W and Ruger revolvers, assorted shotguns and rifles, the usual assortment of synthetic semi auto handguns and four 1911s. The 1911s were a Ruger .45, a kimber .45, and two RIAs, a 9mm and a .22 magnum.

Well, I have been looking for this particular Kimber for a while so I had to say yes please.

It is a Kimber Stainless Steel Raptor II target in .45 acp. When I finally get down to the shop I will pick it up with the 7 others I have bought and he is holding for me. I am really looking forward to that!

I don't have a pic yet but here is a stock photo from Kimber...

Don

That is a gorgeous pistol! In another month you're going to need to hire a truck (or an armored car) to pick your guns up!
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    4377 times
    I'll pick them up for you Don! Honest -- I'll just bring them right on over to your house --

Member #
    Liked
    23336 times
    Why do they call it a "Target" if it has fixed sights?

So....about those S&W revolvers.....???

Now that I look at it...I think it's just a "Raptor"...I don't see a "Target" version on their site.
    Last edited by glenwolde; 06-28-2020 at 07:54 PM.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    2447 times
    I like it, congrats.
    Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake, The snake didn't have a leg to stand on.

Opportunity may knock ounce, but temptation leans on the doorbell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links