what guns do you regret selling or trading ????? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: what guns do you regret selling or trading ?????

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Every one I have ever sold. The most my Ruger mini 14 many years ago. The most recent my 1979 Marlin 336.

Member #
    Liked
    3640 times
    A few off the top of my head.

-S&W Pre-Lock 686 4"
    -All Matching CMP M1 Garand. It was mislabeled a "Shooter Grade" and was actually a "Collector Grade". This was back when us Bama boys could simply drive to CMP and buy one of the rack.
    -My Saiga SGL 21-61
    -Original Chicom /26\ SKS I had. Bought it for $49 when they first hit the market. Mine had PLA stamps.
    -S&W 915 I got mine literally the day after the 94 AWB became law. I carried it for 3 years as a security supervisor.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."--Optimus Prime

œολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21343 times
    A early production 1893 Marlin rifle with a 24in octagon barrel in .25x36 marlin.
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5201 times
    I regret every gun ive ever sold!!
    jwc007 and dmstang67 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    8353 times
    All the Dan Wesson revolvers I had back in the 1980's.
    Winchester Model 70 in .270 Winchester. Finest deer and antelope rifle I ever had.

Miss the Dan Wesson revolvers the most. They really knew how to build world class revolvers.
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.
    Electing Joe Biden as President will be similar to going bear hunting at night with just a pair of chop sticks and a lit candle. You know it is a bad idea from the outset, you can not defend yourself, you are ill prepared for what can and maybe will happen, and you question why you even thought it would be a good idea in the first place.

Member #
    Liked
    34610 times
    Hmm. Glock model 22? Nope, if it weren't the first firearm I ever bought, I'd never think of it at all. Don't miss it in the slightest.

Raven Arms .25? Yeah, I did sort of miss that one. Fixed this recently with a good gunbroker purchase.

Sig 226? Don't really care for DA/SA, so the only reason to miss this one is build quality.

Ruger Security Six? Well made, very rugged gun but the DA trigger was so wonky I never wanted to shoot it. I like my Taurus Model 66 much more. Nah, don't miss the Ruger.

I guess I don't have a sold gun I really regret. That's good to be able to say. Anyone want a like new 4" Colt Diamondback? KIDDING!!
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    5081 times
    I've only sold 3 in my life, hated them all and never looked back. Gen 1 glock 17, ruger p85 and ruger p94dc, never could get comfortable with them and therefore I never shot them.

Member #
    Liked
    105 times
    Dan Wesson 15-2 .357 with 2.5, 4, and 6" barrels. Great shooter but sold while my wife and I were both in college.
    DeltaBravoKS and Desperado like this.

Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Name:  Dan-Wesson-Super-Mag-357-Maximum-CTG_101350325_63636_4CAF8024D63DFED4.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  504.2 KB

another one i probably should of kept was a dan wesson .357 `super mag ` if not just for resale value . really accurate ,and powerful. huge pistol ----
    ​never trust a lawyer or a automatic pistol------john Dillinger

Member #
    Liked
    178 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fsimpson View Post
    my regrets are a smith & wesson `highway patrolman ` .357 and a colt ww1 (not a1) inherited from my uncle . back when i was young and broke in the early
    1970`s . got a steel frame colt `combat commander .45 and accurized composite parts target 1911a1 in return . i`ve traded off a lot of guns for others over the years , but really miss these . what have you regretted ????? ( just stock photos )
    Pretty much everything I've "rehomed", I'm well rid of.

I somewhat regret trading away the Bulgarian milsurp Makarov a decade ago. The Star M43 I got in exchange I never did warm to, and never did carry. Objectivity, I have guns that fit the Makarov's (or Star's) role better now.

I've put my Ishapore 2A Enfield on consignment. It's a nice gun, for a milsurp made in India. Hoping to clear enough to get a Rossi .357 lever gun. I may end up regretting that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links