Compact 9mm Semi-auto
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Compact 9mm Semi-auto

Member #
    Liked
    289 times

Compact 9mm Semi-auto

So, I looking at compact 9mm, DA/SA, semi-autos for concealed carry. Must be all metal, no poly and exposed hammer. I narrowed it down to Beretta 92X Compact and CZ 75 Compact. I currently have a Beretta M-9 and really like it but it’s too big for daily carry. Anyone out there have experience with or opinions on the two 9mm’s I mentioned? Thanks for your input.
    Bellows1 and 777Driver like this.
    "Some people wonder all their lives, if they have made a difference. Marines don't have that problem".
    Ronald Reagan

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45230 times
    I have a CZ 75 Compact that I bought for carry and seldom do so because of it's weight. Admittedly 14 +1 and it's accuracy is a great referral for carry. It also has a standard safety that for mine doesn't seem to lock with a solid "click". No decocker so it's carried cocked and locked or by letting the hammer down on a live round, gently, and having it ready for a DA trigger pull. The safety will not engage in the last format.

I have a Tanfoglio EAA Witness Compact in 45 ACP that is a good size for carry.

Here's the 9mm version of that one, but with the price difference you might as well get the CZ

https://anthonysfirearmwarehouse.com...-741566111198/

Here's my CZ Compact.

Name:  IMG_20180728_173703223.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  3.71 MB
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45230 times
    Last edited by Czechbikr; 05-15-2020 at 06:10 PM.
    RScottie likes this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3874 times
    Personally, I would go with the CZ on that one. Carrying my 92 Compact is just "barely" better than my 92FS.
    olfarhors and jwc007 like this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    4188 times
    I have the CZ 75 compact, she heavy, but thin enough to carry. I think the CZ Rami is a little lighter... also a little smaller.

Haven't handled the Beretta compact, can't speak to it.

If you can find a Sig 224, they are an excellent carry option. I've been carrying one for years. No longer made, but still out there.

Name:  CZ 75c.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  87.3 KB
    Name:  224.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  67.6 KB
    Lomax, GhostHorse and jwc007 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2894 times
    I vote for the CZ 75, and preferable with the decocker.

If you want something for a couple hundred less- look at the Tristar C-100, is a clone ans made by Canik. Decocker model not available.

Edit: I have the C-100 and it has been flawless. I did change out the hammer spring for a lighter one (~$11 from Cajun Gun Works) it changed the trigger pull in both DA & SA from okay to near perfect.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/tris...erakote-85028/

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...stol/p/1457207
    Last edited by brojohn; 05-15-2020 at 07:00 PM.
    a.k.a. Higgy Baby

Member #
    Liked
    12327 times
    Of just those two choices the CZ75 pcr-d would be my choice. However I recently picked up a like new Stoeger(Beretta) Cougar 8000FT in 9mm. Has all the neat Beretta features, all metal pistol, put a D spring in it and you got a great compact pistol. It looks like a PX4, but better and is all metal.

Name:  P1030802.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  709.7 KB
    Lomax, darbo, Bellows1 and 1 others like this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Why not a Taurus?
    At least two models fill up the niche and are extremely reliable: G2c and TH9c.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    So, I looking at compact 9mm, DA/SA, semi-autos for concealed carry. Must be all metal, no poly and exposed hammer.
    I narrowed it down to Beretta 92X Compact and CZ 75 Compact. I currently have a Beretta M-9 and really like it but it’s too big for daily carry. Anyone out there have experience with or opinions on the two 9mm’s I mentioned? Thanks for your input.
    Just throwing this out there because of your initial criteria.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Five rounds = 1 Hole

Member #
    Liked
    446 times
    Ya could go old school with a S&W 6906

Lomax, Bellows1, jwc007 and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links