Glock 19, Hellcat, or 366? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Glock 19, Hellcat, or 366?

Member #
    Liked
    382 times
    Another option or two is a Glock 48 with Shield Arms 15 round mags or a Taurus G3.
    The G48 is pretty good and the G3 is G19 sized but feels much better to me.
    The SIG 365 is a little too small for me, the XL model would probably be better for large old hands.
    Shut up and reload!

Member #
    Liked
    28247 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    I have a 365, itís not my favorite. It works fine; does what itís supposed to, just doesnít fit my hand. (The G2C is a much better fit.) my wife has an optics ready Hellcat, she loves it. The sights are a bit different than the typical setup. Itís something to get used to.

Attachment 460945
    I like the tritium sights on Springfields, they are easy to aquire and they do for some take a bit of shooting to align well. they are very visible and bright, The Sig new series of tritium sights (X-RAY_) are also excellent in this regard and very bright,.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    1752 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pilecarls8 View Post
    I've always carried Springfield, and I doubt that'll change as my regular daily carry. I actually carry an xds mod 2 in .45, which isn't popular, but I shoot it nearly as well as my 1911s.
    Thinking about adding a 9mm to the safe. I like the idea of the 19 for its larger than super compact size, but I absolutely hate Glock triggers, and their sights are less than desirable. Being who I am, I know I'd end up modding the Glock. The other two would probably be left stock.
    So, what's the better option of the three?

No fair counting to 366 just because it's a leap year.

Though I guess they could have called it a 365 and a 1/4.

All kidding aside, of the 3 I would recommend the 365. I have one and love it. It shoots like a much bigger gun. If you get the chance to shoot one you'll understand what I mean.

If you'd like to go with the Glock 19 you should also consider it's kissing cousin, the Smth & Wesson SD9VE. Smith borrowed their design almost to a tee with their SW9 pistol. Glock sued them and won their patten infringement case against Smith. Smith has made some changes to the SD9 but it's still really close. Though "I" think it has better ergos than the Glock. You can get them on sale for much less than the Glock and add the Apex trigger and springs to get a really nice gun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    311 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pilecarls8 View Post
    I've always carried Springfield, and I doubt that'll change as my regular daily carry. I actually carry an xds mod 2 in .45, which isn't popular, but I shoot it nearly as well as my 1911s.
    Thinking about adding a 9mm to the safe. I like the idea of the 19 for its larger than super compact size, but I absolutely hate Glock triggers, and their sights are less than desirable. Being who I am, I know I'd end up modding the Glock. The other two would probably be left stock.
    So, what's the better option of the three?

The Generation 5 Glocks have a nicer feel than the predecessors with regards to triggers. I havenít modded it. I acquired it from a friend. It had tritium sights, already.

I have the Sig Sauer P365. Great tritium sights. Nice trigger. Nice feel to the grips. Itís the best of the micro carry pistols with a capacity of a compact.

Iím not a SA fan, apart from their TRP 1911. I had the XD and XDM, but didnít care for the trigger. Therefore the Hellcat wasnít an option. However, since youíre an XD shooter, It may be a better option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Instagram
    Muzzleblast_MD
    Made for the very serious business of self-preservation - the 605 is built to the Taurus Zero Tolerance standard - in design, fabrication, fit and performance.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23405 times
    I have a G19 and carried it religiously for over 10 years. I still have it and carry it on occasion but I bought a 365 a bit over a year ago and carry it now most often when I carry 9mm or want to pocket carry. It is just too danged convenient and comfortable to not carry it.
    CDR_Glock, olfarhors and jwc007 like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    23831 times
    While those are ALL good choices, my Vote is for the Sig P365, with the Glock 19 coming in a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    I bought a Glock 19 a little over a year ago. I'm still impressed with it. So much so, I'm considering buying a Glock 22 or 23. Decisions, decisions.
    Have you considered a Glock 21 in .45 ACP?
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links