Which to get - having trouble deciding on a 9mm 1911. Down to last 3.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Which to get - having trouble deciding on a 9mm 1911. Down to last 3.

Member #
    Liked
    620 times

Which to get - having trouble deciding on a 9mm 1911. Down to last 3.

Title tells all. Different guns/manufacturers, different plusses/minuses - I've listed a few. Right now one isn't rising above the other 2 (in my own eyes, anyway). Hoping someone will have some info or insight, would love to hear your thoughts.

Here they are:

Citadel 1911 9mm 'Madagascar'. Ceracote slide done in damascus pattern. My favorite for looks. Supplier is Legacy Sports, so no idea of their customer service.

Ruger 9mm SR1911 Lightweight Commander. Solid company w/ solid customer service. Love the blue/grey frame color.

Colt 9mm Combat Commander (the HEAVY version). I've heard it said that if anyone knows how to put together a reliable 9mm Commander, it is Colt.

Last edited by Valjean; 03-12-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1448 times
    I really like the stainless 9mm SR1911. Of the three you've listed, the Ruger would probably be my pick.
    Lomax, olfarhors, Sekol and 1 others like this.
    'Character is who you are in the dark'

'The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.'

Member #
    Liked
    8381 times
    I've got a Colt Combat Commander in 9mm that had been neglected by the previous owner and still shoots like gangbusters- but it's old enough to have a 70SA prefix on the serial number.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1776 times
    I'd like one of each. I'd go after the Ruger 1st, the Colt 2nd, then the Citadel.
    Sekol likes this.
    "Anything that can happen with a gun probably will happen, sooner or later." _John M. Browning

Member #
    Liked
    376 times
    Out of those 3 I would go SR1911 stainless first!
    I actually like my RIA 9mm full size really well.
    olfarhors likes this.
    Shut up and reload!

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    1548 times
    You really, really, really want one of these... it will make you smile and smile and smile. I know because I'm still smiling 15 months after I got mine..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    olfarhors, rexherring and Sekol like this.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Member #
    Liked
    23337 times
    I'd get the Colt. Not a fan of Ceracote and novelty finishes. Not a fan of alloy framed 1911's. Why bother it's still a big heavy gun. A Colt is, and always will be, a Colt.
    DeltaBravoKS, jtg452, oso and 1 others like this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3898 times
    I've never heard of Citadel before.

It looks like the Ruger is in the middle with respect to price, at least on what's available for "buy it now" on GunBroker, while Citadel is just a little cheaper, and Colt is mucho more expensive. If price is no object, I'd go along with glenwolde above. If price is a considerable factor, I'd take the Ruger--it is a good looking gun.

Of course, if money really is no object, you don't HAVE to choose. Buy them all and then give us a detailed report on the personal experience as to which is better!
    Last edited by DeltaBravoKS; 03-13-2020 at 07:43 AM.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47651 times
    I have the full size SR1911 in 10 mm. Love it.
    olfarhors likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Member #
    Liked
    7037 times
    I have a Rock Island 1911 in 9mm. Have had no problems at all. Well worth looking at there offerings.
    JStacy likes this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links