SCCY CPX-3 a surprisingly good shooter, range review and my impressions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: SCCY CPX-3 a surprisingly good shooter, range review and my impressions

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    I have fired a friends 9mm SCCY and it functioned 100% , needed in a self defense gun , but not very accurate. It would not hit the head of a B27 at 25 yards consistently . I was able to consistently hit the head with my S&W639 . Nice little gun , probably good for close range self defense because they seem to function 100% of the time.
    silverstring likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    i have a cpx2 . i`ve come to think of it as a 11 shot .38 snubnose revolver . you have to practice with it . its reliable and fills your hand nicely .its for across the room ,not 25 yards .
    if you want some range get a full sized 9mm .--------------whats that gunfight statistic ?? 3 shots at 3 feet in 3 seconds ---
    Last edited by fsimpson; 03-22-2020 at 08:35 PM.
    silverstring likes this.
    ​never trust a lawyer or a automatic pistol------john Dillinger

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33124 times
    Great review. I wouldn't look for this gun to be a terrific shooter at 25 yards, maybe 10 but probably closer to 7 yards, I would think. But, it's a very affordable gun that sounds like its pretty reliable.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    980 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fsimpson View Post
    i have a cpx2 . i`ve come to think of it as a 11 shot .38 snubnose revolver . you have to practice with it . its reliable and fills your hand nicely .its for across the room ,not 25 yards .
    I have the CPX-2 and 2 snub nose revolvers. To me, they shoot exactly the same. The triggers feel the same to me but I put the lighter trigger springs on my SCCY that makes it feel more like the very good triggers on my snubbys.
    Taurus

TCP
    Spectrum
    PT111 G2

Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    I've had mine since they first came out. It has been reliable and easy to shoot. I don't carry it much because my P365 is smaller and more powerful.
    silverstring likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    30165 times
    Got a couple of these on me "to-do" list.

The only thing stalling the selection is the color combination.

If the Spousal Unit is happy, everyone is happy!
    silverstring and jwc007 like this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    620 times
    The dark red color is one of the best colors I've seen on a pistol (imho, naturally )
    silverstring likes this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    23593 times
    Excellent Review! Congratulations on your new SCCY CPX-3 and may it serve you well!

If I ever decide to get back into carrying the .380 ACP, one of these could be an option.
    An all Black CPX-2 in 9mm might seriously interest me, were I not already very well served by my Taurus PT-111 Millennium Pro 9mm.
    silverstring likes this.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    $149 free ship and 3 mags? Nice purchase. I may have to look into getting one.
    silverstring likes this.
    Randy
    PT111 G2
    Spectrum

Member #
    Liked
    3846 times
    I had two CPX-2's, and one was great and the other was horrible. I don't have either anymore, but have been on again-off again, wanting the CPX-3. I think I might have to take the "chance", and just finally get one of the 3's.
    silverstring likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links