Changing Carry Gun from Glock 43 to Sig P365
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Changing Carry Gun from Glock 43 to Sig P365

Member #
    Liked
    603 times

Changing Carry Gun from Glock 43 to Sig P365

My Glock 43 has served me very well as a carry/home defense gun (fortunately never having been called into action, though ).

Yesterday, I had the chance to shoot a Sig P365. When it came out I thought it might be a good option, as it is a hair smaller and offers 10 rounds to my 43's 7 rounds (w/ the extended base plate),but there were some issues with the Sig, so I forgot about it.

Fast forward to yesterday, shot 50 rounds at 7 yards, 20 of them were double taps, and all stayed within the red circle (10" or so). The Glock takes me off POA more with each shot than does the Sig. So that, plus 3 extra rounds sold me.

Because of its past history, I decided to cushion my decision and get one made no earlier than 2019, and this one was made in November, 2019. Different sources that I saw put the "OK to buy date" between April - October 2018.

The Sig's grip is a little thicker, being a double stack, which I'm sure is the main reason the gun feels better in the hand to me (YMMV, naturally).

Unfortunately, getting that 10th round in the magazine was next to impossible, even with an Uplula, so I'm going to let the full mag sit for a couple of days before I take it out to shoot.

At first, I was disappointed because the only one they had w/out a safety had a stainless slide. Didn't want one, but I really like my LGS and want to do my part to keep it going...and after a few hours the SS slide is growing on me, haha. Here she is:

Name:  20200201_164430_resized.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  583.3 KB
    Last edited by Valjean; 02-01-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    If you hadn’t already bought, I was going to suggest taking a look at the 365xl. It’s a wee bit bigger, but also 15 round capable.
    https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...-sauer-p365-xl
    I donít know what my spirit animal would be, but Iím pretty sure it has rabies.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment does not grant the right to bear arms, that right is inherent. The Second Amendment prohibits the government from infringing upon that right.

Member #
    Liked
    603 times
    Thanks, Pony! They did have one, and I considered it, but decided to go with the smaller version due to summer clothing/carry.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    201 times
    I have had a Sig 365 but it and the Glock 43 are just a little too small for me to handle and shoot comfortably.
    Shut up and reload!

Member #
    Liked
    27635 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Valjean View Post
    Thanks, Pony! They did have one, and I considered it, but decided to go with the smaller version due to summer clothing/carry.
    same with me!
    I bought the Sig 365 mainly as a front pocket carry gun and to replace the very good Sig 238 that I had for that purpose.
    the XL 365 is just a tad to large for what I wanted and in reality you can get a 12 round mag for the regular 365 if capacity is an issue.
    but its all in the eye of the beer holder,
    just wish I had seen the 365 SAS before buying the 365.
    mines been super -duper in ergonomics, reliable, accuracy and felt recoil/muzzle jump.
    enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by olfarhors; 02-02-2020 at 10:58 AM.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    23013 times
    Sweet! Congratulations on your new Sig P365 and may it serve you well!
    olfarhors and Valjean like this.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Valjean View Post
    I like my 365, it’s a solid gun. But like a few others around here, it’s just a little small for my hands.
    Valjean likes this.
    I donít know what my spirit animal would be, but Iím pretty sure it has rabies.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment does not grant the right to bear arms, that right is inherent. The Second Amendment prohibits the government from infringing upon that right.

Member #
    Liked
    603 times
    Understand, definitely. Glock 43 is just under the "right size line" for me, and the Sig just above it.

Sig
    ==========
    Glock

Just put another 230 rounds in it, bringing the total to 430 trouble-free rounds w/out a cleaning. 30 were various SD rounds, but want to put 100 more SD rounds of my choice through it before I'll feel totally comfortable enough with it's reliability to sell the Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by DWARREN123 View Post
    I have had a Sig 365 but it and the Glock 43 are just a little too small for me to handle and shoot comfortably.

Member #
    Liked
    201 times
    I do have a Glock 48 and except for 10 round mags it is a better pistol for me to hold and shoot. It is the most accurate Glock I have shot.
    I did do a little work to it, polished the internals, 4.5 striker spring and reduced power spring for the safety plunger. The work/changes makes a excellent trigger.
    Valjean likes this.
    Shut up and reload!

Member #
    Liked
    3669 times
    Nice P365 OP!
    Valjean likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links