Hi Power 9mm - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Hi Power 9mm

Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    Save up for an actual Browning Hi Power or settle for a Regent BR9? The Hi power is the only pistol I crave. Limited funds may determine my choice.
    2nd Amendment Patriot.

Member #
    Liked
    1233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Divebum View Post
    Anyone who carries a pistol for every day use which costs over $2000 is................., well, I would question their reasoning power. IF they have to use the gun, regardless of the situation, the gun is going to be confiscated and possibly never returned. One of the reasons I carry a moderate to inexpensive gun. And there are enough of them out there which go "bang" every time you pull the trigger, so reliability is not a consideration. Personal choice? Yeah, but why take the chance of losing a gun of that price? Makes on shoot better? No more so that a set of Talyor Made clubs would make me a better golfer than the Northwesterns I have now.
    Very much agree with you. The main reason I am a Taurus fan is because I didn't want to carry my Browning.
    Ten years ago I took my Browning to a two-day course at Front Sight. Got a lotta raised eyebrows.....from instructors!
    Decided then that I needed to get an everyday gun, so I got a Glock 17.
    Then I got my CCW and wanted a smaller carry weapon; so I got a SCCY CPX-1.
    Then I wanted a second carry gun in case the first was lost, stolen, recalled, or taken into evidence. I wanted a different make than the SCCY so that a recall didn't take them both out; so I got my first Taurus PT-111 G2.
    Very impressed with that gun, and Taurus in general (except for their 738 TCP).
    I'm a practical kinda guy. I buy function over glitter. I drive a Toyota Corolla, even though I could afford a so-called "better" car.
    Yes, a Mercedes Benz is a better car than Toyota,.....but it's not FIVE TIMES better! Yet it costs five times as much as a Toyota
    I like Toyota, and I like Taurus!

Member #
    Liked
    1233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Divebum View Post
    Anyone who carries a pistol for every day use which costs over $2000 is................., well, I would question their reasoning power. IF they have to use the gun, regardless of the situation, the gun is going to be confiscated and possibly never returned. One of the reasons I carry a moderate to inexpensive gun. And there are enough of them out there which go "bang" every time you pull the trigger, so reliability is not a consideration. Personal choice? Yeah, but why take the chance of losing a gun of that price? Makes on shoot better? No more so that a set of Talyor Made clubs would make me a better golfer than the Northwesterns I have now.
    Very much agree with you. The main reason I am a Taurus fan is because I didn't want to carry my Browning.
    Ten years ago I took my Browning to a two-day course at Front Sight. Got a lotta raised eyebrows.....from instructors!
    Decided then that I needed to get an everyday gun, so I got a Glock 17.
    Then I got my CCW and wanted a smaller carry weapon; so I got a SCCY CPX-1.
    Then I wanted a second carry gun in case the first was lost, stolen, recalled, or taken into evidence. I wanted a different make than the SCCY so that a recall didn't take them both out; so I got my first Taurus PT-111 G2.
    Very impressed with that gun, and Taurus in general (except for their 738 TCP).
    I'm a practical kinda guy. I buy function over glitter. I drive a Toyota Corolla, even though I could afford a so-called "better" car.
    Yes, a Mercedes Benz is a better car than Toyota,.....but it's not FIVE TIMES better! Yet it costs five times as much as a Toyota.
    I like Toyota, and I like Taurus!
    (But I'm glad I bought my Browning back in '81 before it got expensive)
    Last edited by 777Driver; 02-07-2020 at 12:29 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    242 times
    I have two Belgian Browning High Powers left; one T series and one from 1988. While many collectors will vastly prefer the T-series, I do not see any difference in built quality or shootability in them. My son had a Hungarian FEG copy that was equally well made and that sell at a fraction of the cost. While they shoot well, they take a back seat in my safe because for fun at the gun range, I prefer the Swiss SIG P210s, Custom Colt 1911, or revolvers for their superior accuracy.

Tracker627 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7141 times
    I bought a beautiful C series Browning from Kruizer a while back...99.9% condition, I'd say. It was such a beautiful gun, that I bought another one that has a bit more wear on it so I'm more likely to shoot it. It might be my best shooting handgun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links