Hi Power 9mm - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Hi Power 9mm

Member #
    Liked
    506 times
    Ingils HIPOWER got through my hands I have had a few I traded off over the years The Ingils is one of a few wished I had not..
    Taurus is as any other if I maintain Taurus My Taurus will take care of me

Member #
    Liked
    8089 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    My Browning Hi-Power .40 S&W says made in Belgium, but assembled in Portugal. I was lucky enough to find it about the same time Browning was set to announce ending their production of Hi-Power pistols.
    Bar-Sto makes a 3 lug 9mm barrel (.40's have 3 lugs, 9's have 2) if you are interest in setting it up for both calibers.
    BigBlue likes this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Member #
    Liked
    8089 times
    Watch for some more Israeli surplus. I picked one up several years ago that was an FN commercial model they had bought for their plainclothes cops.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1614 times
    It's mind boggling to see how many pistol variations have been morphed from John Moses Browning's 1911 & Hi Power design.

Prices for rusty Hi Powers were averaging $700 when I nearly pulled the trigger on a new Charles Daly Hi Power for $350. I thought the price was suspiciously low and passed on the deal. Should've bought a baker's dozen.

Here's an interesting thread to ponder.

Nine Known Copies of the Browning High Power | Highpowercollectors
    "Anything that can happen with a gun probably will happen, sooner or later." _John M. Browning

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I also have an Argie FM, but mine is an original with the narrow slide front, like the Belgian guns, in contrast to Tracker 627's.
    According to the excellent link provided by Lomax, Tracker627's pistol is most likely an FM 90. Still a good pistol, just a bit different.

BTW, thanks Lomax for posting the link!
    Last edited by shep854; 02-05-2020 at 07:59 PM.
    Powder smoke: The smell of FREEDOM

Member #
    Liked
    543 times
    I have a Daly Hi Power and it's a really good gun.
    Reliable and accurate.
    Most parts interchangeable with standard Hi=Powers.
    It's a Magnum Research build.

AFS
    There is something charming about the sound of bullets-----George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    35117 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Divebum View Post
    Anyone who carries a pistol for every day use which costs over $2000 is................., well, I would question their reasoning power. IF they have to use the gun, regardless of the situation, the gun is going to be confiscated and possibly never returned. One of the reasons I carry a moderate to inexpensive gun. And there are enough of them out there which go "bang" every time you pull the trigger, so reliability is not a consideration. Personal choice? Yeah, but why take the chance of losing a gun of that price? Makes on shoot better? No more so that a set of Talyor Made clubs would make me a better golfer than the Northwesterns I have now.
    I tend to mostly agree but it's like the motorcycle helmet argument "if you have a $2 head, get a $2 helmet". Although there's not necessarily any correlation between price and quality in anything, better to risk losing an expensive gun than your life. Same goes for ammo.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    27712 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    I tend to mostly agree but it's like the motorcycle helmet argument "if you have a $2 head, get a $2 helmet". Although there's not necessarily any correlation between price and quality in anything, better to risk losing an expensive gun than your life. Same goes for ammo.

MY TAKE--EXACTLY!!
    IF a weapon saves my life or loved one life I could care less about the cost!
    it has served its purpose and the reason that I would have such a weapon is for that purpose!
    and no doubt that I would have total faith in its function, that's why I would pay more for it, a sense of function should I need to use it.
    kschilk and oso like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    9311 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    To an extent, I agree. However, as I stated, there are a lot of mid to somewhat low priced guns which are very, very reliable. Such as my Taurus PT145, or Springfield XD-S or Springfield XD mod 2. Any gun upon which one depends should be fired enough to prove reliability. A $2000 unreliable gun becomes a great hammer or onetime airborne projectile regardless of price. The worst time to reflect on how proud you are of paying $2000 for a gun is when it's needed and doesn't perform. The same can be said for motorcycle helmets.
    olfarhors likes this.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    I love my country, but I fear my government.
    "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.” Albert Einstein

Member #
    Liked
    27712 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Divebum View Post
    To an extent, I agree. However, as I stated, there are a lot of mid to somewhat low priced guns which are very, very reliable. Such as my Taurus PT145, or Springfield XD-S or Springfield XD mod 2. Any gun upon which one depends should be fired enough to prove reliability. A $2000 unreliable gun becomes a great hammer or onetime airborne projectile regardless of price. The worst time to reflect on how proud you are of paying $2000 for a gun is when it's needed and doesn't perform. The same can be said for motorcycle helmets.
    very true!
    as is the worst time to find out that your value priced weapon does not function at that time as well.
    Price should never be a driver of choice when it comes to safety in my opinion.
    Now IF you find comfort carrying a Raven 25 auto that fine as its you and possibly your loved ones life that's at hand, not me or mine.
    I am not saying that one needs a 2 K weapon but overall unless its for bling I will trust a mult hundred/ lower thousand dollar gun as to function over a lesser priced one , typically quality and quality control are there with the middle road to higher priced weapons.
    and should/if a weapon is an only weapon of an owner then certainly parts availability. rapid repair and customer service as well as quality control over the repair is extremely important.
    oso likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links