Double Barreled Revolver? WTH?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Double Barreled Revolver? WTH?

Member #
    Liked
    1646 times

Double Barreled Revolver? WTH?

Well this has got to be the answer to the question no one has even thought of, yet alone ask.

$369 if you must have one.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/stan...k-125-8-round/
    777Driver and taurustoter like this.

Member #
    Liked
    6576 times
    Is this the 1st time you've seen this gun? I believe it was 3 or 4 weeks ago and there was a discussion on the gun right here on taurus armed. I think one of our members already has 1 and I know myself and a couple of others have them on order.

Don
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Member #
    Liked
    1646 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    Is this the 1st time you've seen this gun? I believe it was 3 or 4 weeks ago and there was a discussion on the gun right here on taurus armed. I think one of our members already has 1 and I know myself and a couple of others have them on order.

Don
    Yeah, I must have missed that conversation. It will be interesting to hear your toughts on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6824 times
    I also would like to hear from someone who has handled one.

Member #
    Liked
    3003 times
    Not really a new concept. The LeFaucheux was a 20 shot double action revolver from the early 1800's. If I'm not mistaken, there was even a triple barrel made at one point! So really this is just them trying to re-invent the wheel(gun)! I'm telling you, nobody these days can come up with their own idea!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Steyr likes this.
    This is the land of opportunity not entitlement

Member #
    Liked
    2434 times
    The most interest I've ever seen in this gun was; "If they make one in .327 Magnum, then I'll be interested." But Standard Manufacturing's product page says otherwise...

https://stdgun.com/s333-thunderstruck/

ATTENTION: S333 Thunderstruck™ orders will take 3 weeks to ship due to overwhelming demand!
    Either this is a complete lie or just about everyone who's interested in these is too ashamed to admit it.

The S333 Thunderstruck™ sets the standard for the ultimate in personal protection by simultaneously firing two rounds of .22 Win Mag with each pull of the trigger. With four pulls of the trigger, eight rounds are fired in only three seconds.
    I've heard my fair share of bold claims by firearms manufacturers, but this one really takes the cake... I mean, this is the first time I've ever heard anyone claim that a double-tap with a .22WMR "sets the standard for ultimate personal protection" not to mention the first time I've ever heard the .22WMR referred to as ".22 Win Mag".

By combining standard ammunition and birdshot, each pull of the trigger will deliver an incredible combination of firepower and very light recoil.
    Oops, spoke too soon... If nothing else, you guys have certainly set a new standard for absurdly bold claims in modern-day firearms marketing. Because seriously, I haven't seen firearms marketing this silly since early 1900s firearms advertisements.

The S333 Thunderstruck™ is incredibly reliable because it functions as a Double Action Revolver. These Revolvers are far more superior to any other automatic pistol which are rendered useless when they jam or misfire. Additionally, the two shots per pull, with four pulls of the trigger, makes the S333 Thunderstruck™ the most redundant and reliable personal protection firearm when your life is on the line.
    Rolling out that old yarn now, are we? I'm fairly certain that most firearms instructors would disagree with this statement, but then again, they aren't trying to sell a gimmicky 2-shot revolver chambered in a cartridge which is about as powerful as .38 Special +P out of a Rifle and falls short of .380 ACP out of a pistol.

The S333 Thunderstruck™ also features an articulated safety integral into the trigger and requires a deliberate and full pull of the trigger before the transfer bar will clear from the firing pins and hammers. The resulting S333 Thunderstruck™ is the safest personal protection firearm available.
    So basically, it's your average double action trigger, only excessively heavier and requires 2 fingers to pull? Sorry guys, but if Smith & Wesson couldn't convince folks that the SIGMA Series heavy DA trigger was a safety feature, then you most certainly won't convince anyone that the monstrous trigger pull on this is either.

Our patented design of the S333 Thunderstruck™ is the most compact and concealable firearm imaginable of its type. The small size allows it to be carried in your pocket or purse and can be easily retrieved when needed.
    Well yeah, but then again, it's technically "the only firearm of it's type" period, so that isn't saying much.

The ergonomic design of the S333 Thunderstruck™ features a comfortable polymer grip, intuitive controls, and no clumsy safety. This makes the S333 Volleyfire™ the ideal choice in personal protection when your life depends on it.
    I would argue that the ridiculously heavy DA trigger you were just pushing as a safety feature qualities as a "clumsy safety". Perhaps even the clumsiest safety ever devised, or at least the clumsiest attempt at pushing an inherently heavy double action trigger as a safety. Also, is it called the "Thunderstruck" or the "Volleyfire"? Because not only have you referred to it as both in the same paragraph, but you trademarked both names as well.
    NotSo, YOT and BigBlue like this.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    2429 times
    Hey, have you fired one? Handled one? Shot one? So far, all you've done is criticize an advertisement. It offends your delicate sensibilities. Tough. Don't buy it.
    BangBang likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2434 times
    Actually, I was just goofing off, but you're definitely right about somebody here being offended.
    Steyr likes this.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    2429 times
    I may have gotten a little upset, and I apologize for being a jerk.

I get frustrated. One of the common complaints among gun owners is lack of innovation, yet anything new is harshly criticized.This is a golden age of innovation (one reason I like Taurus.) I also get frustrated by criticism of something a person hasn't seen.

I did buy one of these revolvers. As all Standard Mfg guns, it was very well made. Yes, it is impractical. Yes, the advertising was hyperbolic (whose isn't)?) It is not unique, as several semi-automatic pistols had twin barrels and actions. It is the lowest priced volley gun I have ever seen advertised retail.

It is accurate within a 3 inch circle at 15 yards. After that, it's hard to be accurate with a ten thousand pound trigger. I've put 500 rounds of Critical Defense thru it, without a misfire.

Once again, I'm sorry for letting my inner jerk out. I'll try to keep him locked in the closet in future.
    Tuco_Ramírez and BangBang like this.

Member #
    Liked
    27745 times
    IF they would put a Lexan side plate on it I would be all in for one!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links