Double Barreled Revolver? WTH? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Double Barreled Revolver? WTH?

Member #
    Liked
    33034 times
    That is some unusually silly adspeak.

Yes, we're in a golden age of innovation. From the Judge to the Boberg, there are tons of brilliant new ideas out there.

This isn't among them, if you ask me. But I could very well be wrong; I haven't held one, much less shot one, so I could be way off base. But a trigger so tough it takes two fingers combined with what, 100 grains total in two pieces, doesn't sound like it fills a noticeable need.
    olfarhors and BigBlue like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    2431 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredward View Post
    I may have gotten a little upset, and I apologize for being a jerk.

I get frustrated. One of the common complaints among gun owners is lack of innovation, yet anything new is harshly criticized.This is a golden age of innovation (one reason I like Taurus.) I also get frustrated by criticism of something a person hasn't seen.

I did buy one of these revolvers. As all Standard Mfg guns, it was very well made. Yes, it is impractical. Yes, the advertising was hyperbolic (whose isn't)?) It is not unique, as several semi-automatic pistols had twin barrels and actions. It is the lowest priced volley gun I have ever seen advertised retail.

It is accurate within a 3 inch circle at 15 yards. After that, it's hard to be accurate with a ten thousand pound trigger. I've put 500 rounds of Critical Defense thru it, without a misfire.

Once again, I'm sorry for letting my inner jerk out. I'll try to keep him locked in the closet in future.
    It's cool, I probably should have made it clear from the start that I sas being sarcastic and critical for comedic effect.

To be honest, I think that the Thunderstruck is an interesting concept, and I'd like to see it scaled up, given longer barrels, and chambered in larger caliber bullets. I like .22WMR, but this particular firearm doesn't appeal to me in .22WMR. I think the folks calling for it in .327 Magnum may be onto something, as it could easily hold 6 shots in .32 H&R Magnum while maintaining the same dimensions, and pack a lot more of a punch.

I've actually been curious to hear how it performs from somebody who actually owns one, so it's nice to hear a bit about from you. Considering that most armed confrontations take place within 7 yards, accuracy out to 15 yards is more than adequate for the purpose it was designed for. I'm not surprised that it went 500 rounds without a misfire, as .22WMR is far more reliable than anybody gives it credit for. Folks get all hung up on it being Rimfire, assuming that makes it no more reliable than .22LR, forgetting that .22WMR uses an inside-the-case lubricated bullet. With modern priming compounds, rimfire bullets are far more reliable than they ever were before, but the.22LR is still using an outside-the-case lubricated heeled bullet, which is extremely susceptible to contamination as well as moisture, ergo the .22LR is inherently more likely to have dud rounds compared to .22WMR.

I can't fault you for getting worked up over the perceived criticism of a firearm that you own and enjoy by an otherwise ignorant fool who clearly lacks any first-hand experience with one. Under similar circumstances, I've done the same. It's frustrating seeing people ignorantly putting down firearms you like, and being an owner of a Taurus Judge, Mossberg 590 Shockwave, and a Smith & Wesson SIGMA SW40VE, I'm certainly no stranger to it. Heck, if anything, I feel like I ought to apologize to you. I was just goofing around, trying to make people laugh, I didn't mean to offend anyone. Honestly, I was actually intentionally trying to sound a bit like some of those obnoxious internet critics as a sort of parody to them.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    1263 times
    I may buy me one,thanks for sharing the video.My first time seeing it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3592 times
    Ahhh...no thanks.
    BigBlue likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    2341 times
    I have a safe full of freaky stuff. Rainbow ti plating, the Bond Arms bullpen, NAA's, this thing, two Schockwaves, etc. Sold the View at a profit to a collector (still with Lexan on.) Modified old grips for the non view.

I agree about the 327. The variety of rounds would make the power levels and recoil "adjustable," a better sight, perhaps like the good red Glock ones, and a lighter trigger would make an impressive piece. I will correspond with them. Also, they still owe me a cap. I bought the package. The tee is pretty nice. Stretches over my gut, anyway.

I'll try to control myself. It doesn't help that your opinion mirrored my wife's, but not being restricted by forum rules, she was, shall we say, more concise.

Member #
    Liked
    2431 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredward View Post
    I have a safe full of freaky stuff. Rainbow ti plating, the Bond Arms bullpen, NAA's, this thing, two Schockwaves, etc. Sold the View at a profit to a collector (still with Lexan on.) Modified old grips for the non view.

I agree about the 327. The variety of rounds would make the power levels and recoil "adjustable," a better sight, perhaps like the good red Glock ones, and a lighter trigger would make an impressive piece. I will correspond with them. Also, they still owe me a cap. I bought the package. The tee is pretty nice. Stretches over my gut, anyway.

I'll try to control myself. It doesn't help that your opinion mirrored my wife's, but not being restricted by forum rules, she was, shall we say, more concise.
    I've actually always been fond of the aesthetics of Rainbow Ti/Stainless finishes, they just look so psychedelic. The Bond Arms Bullpup is an interesting design, the problem is that the benefits of a bullpup pistol seem to be negligible due to diminish returns. NAAs have legitimate utility as deep concealment weapons. Shockwaves are great for cramped living spaces in which full-size shotguns would be difficult to maneuver, are extremely fun to shoot, flip the bird at the NFA, and they're just plain awesome. I've always felt that the View was a good concept, but poorly executed, and abandoned too soon. If the View had been chambered in .22WMR, then it could have been a NAA Mini Revolver killer due to it's relatively small size, DA/SA trigger, swing out cylinder, (predates the Sidewinder) better sights, and it obviously would have had higher capacity. The larger size wouldn't have been a big deal due to the trade-off benefits.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you married fellas make me feel way better about my decision to ultimately become celibate. Seriously, I don't think that I could put up with half the stuff you guys do.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    4955 times
    I can see buying a Thunderstruck for speculation. When you considering just how practical it is , I doubt it will be in production for very long. In 10 years it may be a curio of some value.

Member #
    Liked
    417 times
    I'm not interested in one, but I will say if there is an award for the ugliest gun in production we have a winner!

Member #
    Liked
    8979 times
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...E339&FORM=VIRE Not going to buy one as I have better guns for this.

Member #
    Liked
    1625 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco_Ramírez View Post

not to mention the first time I've ever heard the .22WMR referred to as ".22 Win Mag".

I've called it that for years.
    BangBang and olfarhors like this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links